Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 9:00:48 PM EDT
Does any one have any experience w/ Double Star lowers?  Are they good.  I know someone who build a carbine on one and it was really tight, actually almost too tight.  Any info will be appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not built a Doublestar lower, but from looking at them, they seem to be good quality.  Nice finish from the ones I have looked at.  They were selling a little high at the G'boro gun show last weekend or I may have picked one up.  $145 seemed a little steep.  You may already know this, but they are a J&T product. I have used their kits before and have been very pleased with them. They have some of the best LPK's available.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up at the local gun shop for 125.00 out the door.  Built it for a 20 in BM.  Good looks, tight fit, and so far after 8 mo. and several thousands rounds have had zero probs with it.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've built around 20 guns using the doublestar lower, never had any problems.  I sell them at the local guns shows in mid-TN.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
They are very nice.

Machined nice and fits RRA parts really well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent equipment. We sell their lowers at the FFL I do work for.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]
also bought one a show, no problems here neither
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
My partner and I sell the Double Star lowers @ gun shows. We have not run across any prob's w/ fit. I've built one myself w/ 24in hvy fluted and it would shoot 1hole @ 100yds so easily it was boring. Used PMC ammo. The lowers are extremely well made.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Just so people know, I'm the partner Dakota1911 is talking about.  Bout time you got on here!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently purchased two DSC stripped lowers, and built them into complete lowers using J&T Dist. A2 stocks and lower parts kits.

Absolutely no problems.  I didn't even have to debur any holes or anything.  The finish of the lowers is excellent, with completely smooth surfaces and even finish.

I recommend them highly.

P.S.  I have also used RRA, Bushmaster and Colt lowers.  On a new build, I would pick either DSC or RRA, with DSC slightly higher on the list than RRA.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies guys.  I've gotten two of them, and am very pleased.  Just as good as the A.B.C.  and RRA  ARs I've had.  I def recomend them to anyone.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top