Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 6:33:51 PM EDT
Well, I am going to be building a CMMG DPMS M4 upper or an LMT upper.  I have heard that they are equal in quality and and have the exact same specifications.  I believe that CMMG offers the YHM light/weight rail system but so does Brovo Company for $30 less, but they do not offer the standard bolt/carrier in package deal.  I am also looking at La Rue rails, which seem to be very nice and better than the YHM rails.  

Only problem I run into is, I most likely will not be putting any lights/lasers on it, but will most likely place a front vertical grip on the rail system.  That might be the only accessory I put on my upper.  

Do I even need a rail system?
Should I just get the LMT or CMMG with the standard M4 handguards and place the front vert grip on?

What do you think I should do?

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally like the look of the rail systems so if i had the extra cash to spend i would probably get it.  It should make for a more stable mount for the vertical grip but it will weight a little more i imagine.  Its probably not so much an issue with a 16" barrel but the rail system if it floats will stop any stress from being put on the barrel.  Should cool down a little better with the rail system if its ventalated.  You might consider the yankee hill customisable tube if all you want is the bottom rail.  That would keep things a little cleaner looking and you can add rails as you wish.  Another option is to add the specter length yankee handguard and add a flip up on the top rail to have something a little different.    
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
If it were me, the LMT

Sammy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top