Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 1:13:15 PM EDT
Curious what the smallest AR15 is.  Curious about building an SBR (in TX) and don't know what kits are out there if the ban sunsets.  Looking for a short barrel and short/collapsable stock.  Preferably a removable handle or flat-top for something like a holosight.

Seen some 7.5" kits at Model 1.  Figure that + lower + SBR tax = $750 or so total

Gotta get up to speed with SBR stuff though.  Figure I can fill out the paperwork and purchase / assemble after approval.  Will nail that stuff down after I figure out what I would want.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Barrels can be any length you choose. The question should be, do you want a handguard, what material do you want the barrel to be made of, etc.

For example, you could choose a chrome-moly DPMS 7.5" Kitty-Kat upper receiver, however that does not have a flat-top. You could choose a 6.5" Olympic Arms OA93 upper receiver, or you could choose anything your heart desires.

Hope this info helps.
Sammy
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking along those lines as well.  I could give less than a damn about it's effectiveness.   I havent been in any gunfights with my personal AR's yet.... I'd probably be better armed with the SBR than with a pocketknife so what the hell.   I'd like to see a complete collapseable 7.5 setup and see how long the overall length is.   I'd also be curious as to any shorter setups.   Interesting topic and one I've been interested in for some time.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I am gonna try to make a stock using a pistol buffer and a modded M231 stock.   should stick out 3 inches behind the reciever when collapsed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd  be very interested in seeing that one.   Even an adapted side folder should be workable with a pistol tube.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
wrong.

They make a M2 4in barreled upper for the ar15/m16 it costs arround $1,000 Jt distributing sells um.

webcats.net/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=M41&Category_Code=M2
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Who makes the rail system for such a short barreled m4?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I know olympicarms makes firsh quad rail float tube for the 7.5 and 6.5 in uppers.

Stubby Length (3.75" in length) : Part #F23R = $85.00

www.olyarms.com/firsh.html
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Is M2 still in business? Been trying to call them for 2 weeks and their  line doesn't work.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
wrong.

They make a M2 4in barreled upper for the ar15/m16 it costs arround $1,000 Jt distributing sells um.

webcats.net/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=J&Product_Code=M41&Category_Code=M2

It's interesting but they should really step away from the crack pipe before attatching that price tag.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#12]
If anyone has a Pistol Buffer assembly, like the one Model 1 Sales sells, and can either Email me the dimensions, a dimensioned sketch, or even let me borrow it, to develop my stock Idea.  I believe I can adapt it to use a M231 stock.  I won't damage it in any way, but I would have a modified version made up for the prototype.  Thanks!
Chris  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
wrong.

The M16X, 4” PDW is the shortest barreled upper carbine commercially produced in the world today. Especially designed and sized for defensive applications, these might mini’s deliver exceptiona firepower and performance at a reasonable price.
Barrel Length: 4.1 Inch
Caliber: 5.56
Site Radius: 9.25”
Max Range: 50 Yards [25 at MML]
Muzzle Velocity: 1,620 ft/sec [M193 ball]

Blinding, deafening and 22Mag velocity? What more could one ask for?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Whose wrong?

BTW. Who makes those Quad-Rails on the Kitty-Kat?

Thanx.
Sammy

Quoted:
wrong.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
wrong.

The M16X, 4” PDW is the shortest barreled upper carbine commercially produced in the world today. Especially designed and sized for defensive applications, these might mini’s deliver exceptiona firepower and performance at a reasonable price.
Barrel Length: 4.1 Inch
Caliber: 5.56
Site Radius: 9.25”
Max Range: 50 Yards [25 at MML]
Muzzle Velocity: 1,620 ft/sec [M193 ball]

Blinding, deafening and 22Mag velocity? What more could one ask for?

1,620????   Damn, why, I mean seriously, why?  Get it in a pistol caliber and at least have something to work with.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top