Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 3:12:47 AM EDT
I posted this on Buddy's board.  I think it's a fair trade but I'm new to the trading business.

I have a LNIB preban Bushmaster 14 inch 1/9 A2 HBAR (removable new style bird cage w/o slots on bottom). I need the same model (LNIB) but with the removable handle (A3). My only requirement is that the A3 upper is preban as I need a removable flash suppressor. This upper will be w/o bolt assembly and charging handle. The upper is in excelent condition. It looked unfired when I acquired it and since then I've only put 50 rounds through it.

To sweeten the deal, I have a Colt marked Cmore Scout reflex sight that I will include for $100. These go for more than $300. If your upper is NIB, you can have the Cmore for $50.

Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Removable flash hider on a 14.5" barrel?  I hope you have a tax stamp for a MG or SBR.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Removable flash hider on a 14.5" barrel?  I hope you have a tax stamp for a MG or SBR.

Saw that, thought the same.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, this is one of the uppers that came with my M16.  Am I going to have a hard time finding what I want?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, this is one of the uppers that came with my M16.  Am I going to have a hard time finding what I want?

Yes I would think so.  Legally the only guys that have them have either a SBR or a MG tax stamp (which really limits your trading partners).  A few non-NFA types have them (getting ready to send them to the favorite smiths to permanently install a flash supressor) but again that is going to be a very small group.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#5]
So where can I get one new?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Alou, are you just wanting a flat top version of what you currently have for your M16 or is this upper to be for another gun?

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So where can I get one new?  

Bushmaster would be happy to sell you one.  However why not swap the upper reciever (keeping your current barrel)?  Its not a hard job then you could sell the A2 upper to recoup some of your costs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
My thoughts exactly.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, I want a flat top version of what I have for my M16.  Can I remove the barrel with the AR-15 "multi-tool"  (the one that looks like a funky wrench with all kinds of nooks and cranies cut into it)?  I ordered one b/c I was told I needed one to install a Predator / La Rue rail system.  Is it a difficult job (i.e. how badly can I mess it up)?  If I go that route, which I probably will, how much should I ask for the receiver?  And how much should I pay for an A3 receiver?  Thanks for your advice guys!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Alou, this is Tim...

An A3 upper is cheap (under $100 from ADCO). I have my RRA stuff and a Bushmaster complete rifle, the machining marks are identicle (Possibly same source for machines or CAD program).

If you get an upper, I can put it together for you. I have all the tools(You could just borrowed them from me).

I do have a Bushmaster A3 complete upper with a 20 inch Hbar barrel (No FH). I might be willing to trade if thats what your after.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:31:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey Tim.  Hahaha...I saw your name and immediately knew who it was!  Are the receivers Bushmaster / RRA?  I would really prefer Bushmaster.  Thanks for the offer, but I want an upper with an OAL of no more than 14-16 inches.  I have one that's about 11 inches but it has a thin barrel.  I plan on getting a suppressor for it.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey Tim.  Hahaha...I saw your name and immediately knew who it was!  Are the receivers Bushmaster / RRA?  I would really prefer Bushmaster.  Thanks for the offer, but I want an upper with an OAL of no more than 14-16 inches.  I have one that's about 11 inches but it has a thin barrel.  I plan on getting a suppressor for it.  

I hear ya on that (Short barrel with Supporessor).

The uppers are RRA, I cant tell the difference with both of them side by side, you can come and look at mine if you get a chance. I have both RRA upper and a Bushmaster upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top