Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 5:54:25 PM EDT
Do some states with silly state AWB laws allow their citizens to own "preban" rifles?  If so, why don't those of us unaffected by state law sell our "prebans" to our brethren who regrettably live in these silly places?  I mean, I would have no problem selling my preban Bushmaster lower for the price of replacing it with a new lower.  "Adopt an AR" program perhaps?  Or do these state laws not differentiate or not even allow prebans back across their borders?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
This was discussed here before and we mostly thaught it wsa a good idea.  It just needs to get organized.  I don't have any "Pre-Bans" but if I did, I would find someone in the EE who is from a non free state and arrange a sale.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#2]
What states will let a preban in, but not a post federal AWB sunset in?

Quoted:
This was discussed here before and we mostly thaught it wsa a good idea.  It just needs to get organized.  I don't have any "Pre-Bans" but if I did, I would find someone in the EE who is from a non free state and arrange a sale.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I would be willing help as well. I have some Pre-Bans that I would sell to a state the only allows pre-bans...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
How about opening a special area in the EE on the 13th to facillitate exactly these kinds of transactions?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:27:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The Republik of Massachusetts has a permanent AWB, however, we are allowed to purchase pre-ban lowers from in and out-of-state provided they are built before a specific date (I believe it is Sept. 1994). I confirmed this with my local dealer and am waiting on a deal with VT_K9 for his pre-ban lower.

It would be nice if folks from other states try to sell-off their pre-ban lowers (for a good price) to those of us unfortunate enough to live in these moronic states. I would definitely go for a few.

Tony
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Being from one of these states, I would be very interested and would either pay the cost for a new lower or trade a nib complete bushmaster lower

if anyone would want to take me up on this let me know!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
We in NY can buy sell prebans as defined by the Crime Bill and made permanent in this state by Albany.  I'd be game for a swap.  You get a new lower, I get a nice used preban lower dirt cheap.  That should drive the anti-gun pols nuts.  Other than the date of manufacture and verification as a complete AW prior to 9/94, I'm not sure if the NY AWB requires the seller to have a collapsible stock installed for it to be considered pre-ban.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Being from one of these states, I would be very interested and would either pay the cost for a new lower or trade a nib complete bushmaster lower

if anyone would want to take me up on this let me know!!!

Provided that all goes well past 9/13, yes, I have a pre-ban bushy that I could swap with you.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Some of these guys with prebans have a lot of money invested in them, don't know if they would be willing to trade them even up.

I suppose the market will shake out after the ban expires and those with prebans are be willing to see what they can get in the still banned states.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought about trading or selling with someone, but I want to wait until the AWB sunsets before I start to do any trading or selling. I'm sure a lot of people will be doing this in the next month or so..
I won't lose anything out of the deal, I would be gaining a pushpin lower without sending it off for mods. It's a '89 Colt HBAR with a large hole pivot pin with the slotted screws.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Some of these guys with prebans have a lot of money invested in them, don't know if they would be willing to trade them even up.

I suppose the market will shake out after the ban expires and those with prebans are be willing to see what they can get in the still banned states.

I have prebans too.  We all take a bath on the $$$ regardless.  But who cares?  If most of my fellow gun enthusiast can get to enjoy them the way they are suppose to be configured, it is better than none of us having that oppurtunity.  For most guys, it would be a lateral move.  I myself am not interested in Colts.  I have enough of those.  Pre ban push pins is what I desire.  The quality and consistency of the newer lowers is a good incentive to trade off the older ones for you guys in the "free" states.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
What makes you guys think there are'nt  already a lot of Deals
"pending" on this Board  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I would be glad to purchase a new lower for somebody w/ a Pre ban who would be kind enough to trade. -Justin

And pay transfer fees of course.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I've done a deal already.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes please send Massachusetts your tired, your poor, your preban rifles and magazines.

Also note that if you carry or shoot in Mass. you should only bring in preban equipment to avoid severe penalties.  Set a couple prebans aside if you ever plan to visit or move here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I thought about trading or selling with someone, but I want to wait until the AWB sunsets before I start to do any trading or selling. I'm sure a lot of people will be doing this in the next month or so..
I won't lose anything out of the deal, I would be gaining a pushpin lower without sending it off for mods. It's a '89 Colt HBAR with a large hole pivot pin with the slotted screws.

I'm in the same boat. Have an older SP1 lower, with the large hole plus screwed pin, and want to put a new Bushmaster lower on instead. I'll wait a few weeks and see what happens, but I do expect to swap the preban lower out to some needy soul in a non-free state.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought about it, then decided against it.  I might have to move to one of those lousy states with AWBs in the next few years, and I'd like to bring my AR with me.  But, I like the general idea.  I would not however do a "one for one" trade.  I just don't trust people to not take advantage of the sitution, get a GREAT deal on a pre-ban, then sell it in state to someone for a tidy profit......
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm truly sorry that some folks still have that nitwit law inflicted on them after the 13th.

Do any of the state laws require the gun to have the "3 banned features" at the sale? I know that some folks clamed that a bare receiver lost its pre-ban status because it no longer had the banned features.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I thought about it, then decided against it.  I might have to move to one of those lousy states...

Hadn't thought of that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:06:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I would sell one of my colts or pwa's to a BANNED STATE
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#23]
IF the AWBan Sunsets, I have a Per-Ban Colt Match HBar that I will be willing to ship to a FFL in a Bad State.

Frank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top