Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 11:28:26 AM EDT
...does anyone know why these handguards were developed?  What Bbl would you suggest using them on?  What advantages\disadvantages are gained in having them?  Thanks in advance.  

Dan
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#1]
They give you a 'mid length' kind of look and sight radius with the standard CAR gas system.

In other words they just look 'Kewl'.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#2]
They give you a little more rail space and if you need to you can remove the handguard without removing the gas block.

And there's also the looks thing .
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Besides the longer sight radius and "cool look"  it also gives you more surface area/ anchor point fore barricade/ obstacle shooting especially when time is critical. I am considering one myself. I am not one for mounting shit to my lower handguard because it gets in the way in real competition/ tactical situations.  I would recommend the customizable with removeable rails from YKM.  I would rather mount the front sight to the Bbl rather than the top hangaurd though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top