Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 11:16:31 AM EDT
OK, I feel like a dumb ass, but I'm still relieved none the less.

For those that have followed my "Bushmaster Cracked" thread, and to all other interested parties.

I own a BM Anniversary Editon carbine. I noticed a crack that ran from the bottom LH side of the ejection port, to the brass deflector. I sent it back to BM Mon morning after calling CS and telling them about it.

They called today, and informed me that this is a machining mark, and is common to all modular BM's like mine.

They did confess that they did not ever really notice that mark before, and consulted some of the assembly people to take a look at it before making this determination.

I would like to take this time to applaud the CS dept at BM for EXCELLENT service. They were extremely courtious and professional, and I told them I would tell the gang here about how they handled the situation. Outstanding!!

The fellow at BM also told me that sending it in was the right thing to do, and they were more than happy to check it out for me.

I did see on my original post, where someone said that it probably was a machine mark of some sort.
You were correct, Sir! It sure fooled me...ct
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
cool beans
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't SEVERAL people say it was a machine mark?  

From your description, I too thought it was a machine mark.  A lot of people have complained about this "crack" before.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
good deal
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Always better safe then sorry.  Good deal!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Didn't SEVERAL people say it was a machine mark?  

From your description, I too thought it was a machine mark.  A lot of people have complained about this "crack" before.

Not sure what you consider "several", Sir. There were 2 people.

Do you have a point??
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
So... they returned it back to you with a marred finish without replacing it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So... they returned it back to you with a marred finish without replacing it?

Chedderboy,
I assume that they are sending back the same upper I sent them. They didnt mention replacing it, and neither did I.

I think the term "marred" is probably accurate, but a little misleading.  

My equipment is meant for duty, and I don't have any range queens anymore. So long as the rifle is seviceable and safe, I have no problems with a slight machine mark that's barely visible.

I had the rifle for a month and a half before I noticed it.

Your opinion may differ, and I respect that also..
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Good to hear that your rifle is good 2 go for TEES. Nothing sucks more than sweating an item before a course/deployment.....

Take good notes on everything!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Good to hear that your rifle is good 2 go for TEES. Nothing sucks more than sweating an item before a course/deployment.....

Take good notes on everything!

Amen brother!

Thanks for the support, mo. And thanks to all the folks that contributed......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top