Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 8:12:48 PM EDT
I just changed my stock....

I had a Cav. Arms A1 Stock...  with RRA spring and buffer for a Rifle...

now I have a magpul with a carbine LMT H-buffer and carbine LMT buffer spring...

Now I notice that its harder to pull my charging handle to the rear... not really hard.... but hard enough that i noticed...  then when i lock the carrier to the rear... it slams forward with much force...

---

now i've never charged a carbine lower until now.... are CAR springs more stiff?   I'm assuming so because this is why its harder to retract the carrier... now is it the reason that it slams forward harder and combo between having more mass in the buffer and having a stronger spring?  

How will this affect my reliablity?  I hope the spring isn't so strong that it'll short stroke my weapon...

---

what do you think?

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for your input troy....

but you'd think that it should be equal no matter what the properities of the springs are...  if one is shorter but heavier... the other is longer but lighter... they should have the same spring coeffecient...

but the carbine is stronger...  i guess it could be to that i'm going to a brand new spring...  i wonder if my RRA one started to get a little less strong...

just hope theres enough powder in my rounds to kick that sucker back...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top