Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 10:26:14 PM EDT
I have a Colt Sp1, and from the serial number it is about 35 years old, it is in great shape I keep it clean and lubed, I have come across a problem, I am not much of a collector, I like to shoot my rifles every chance I get, I have changed the the butt stock out with a Fixed Tele-Style Stock , off of my Bushie, the thing  is , my friend is always telling me not to shoot this rifle, and to keep it as stock as possible, because I didn't buy a rifle to sit in my closet and collect dust So if this is the case I might as well sell it, so I need some advice, thanks
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/5007b54a/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/82c3.jpg?pffkjNBBs8yiqpCA
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it, enjoy it.  Keep the original parts if you ever want to sell it in the original configuration.

Or just buy another AR
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:09:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I say shoot it.  But I do have to ask why did you install a fixed telestock instead of a real collapsible stock?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I say shoot it.  But I do have to ask why did you install a fixed telestock instead of a real collapsible stock?  

Ditto
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto

Same Here - But I suggest you add a real collapsible stock  AND get another upper so you
                  can Blast some rounds without wearing out the original  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#5]
It's really old.
You should get rid of it.
I can help you out with that if you would like...

C.g.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
i installed the fixed one becasue it was just laying around extra parts, plus I have a 16in carbine with a magpul, so i figured what the hell, and threw it on, how do i post a pic, if somebody tells me how i will post one thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an early model ('71') SP1 as well. I thought a different upper, preferably in .45acp with a telescoping stock might be just the ticket for my "around the house" long gun as well as a companion to my 1911s.

Question: does anyone make a .45 upper to FIT the SP1? Isn't there a front pivot difference? Anybody help me out on this?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
OAI's .45 upper will fit your SP1. You'll need an adaptor for the pivot pin.

Thank you Tweak.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an SP1. How can you how old it is?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#12]
My Department has 4 Colt SP1s in the arms room. Well, okay, they have 3, one of them has been checked out by me for range usage (instruction has it's priveleges). I've tried to tell them about the trade in value, I'd rather have 6 or 7 M4 semis than 4 A1s. But, oh well, they never listen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top