Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 8:30:13 AM EDT
I am interested in purchasing a 2-stage trigger for my AR, which can be tuned to be very sensitive on the final stage.

Discussions with a few third parties has had me narrow the field down to either a McCormick or a Jewell 2-stage trigger system.

I'd be interested and grateful to hear from anyone with an opinion on either system.

My AR is a carbine.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Look into the LMT two stage unit as well.
Depends what you want, a bench shooting trigger, or a quality trigger that is combat durable. Big difference.
-Steve
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi,

I'd like to get a very accurate two-stage trigger which is durable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like the reason why I originally joined ARF.com. From the feedback I have received, Knights two-stage or Chip McCormick two-stage. The advantige of the Chip McCormick is it is drop in, while the disadvantige of the Knights is it is expensive.

Sammy

Quoted:
Hi,

I'd like to get a very accurate two-stage trigger which is durable.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm, well the Knight's is a bit prohibitive cost-wise. Is the McCormick trigger sealed to guard against movement in the mechanism?

I understand that you have a serious amount of play (1-4lbs) in the weighting of the Jewell trigger both 1st and 2nd stage. Do both the McCormick and the LMT trigger systems offer the same?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
tagged?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Jewel.

I have two of them (put one in myself), and they're great.  You can set them up any way you want in terms of first and second stage weights.  Only problem is, they're not cheap.

I believe the McCormick isn't ajustable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The McCormick unit is nice, as sweet as a jewell, and way easier to install. I am buying one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I have no first hand  experience with the McCormic but reports have been good.
Unique part of the Jewell is once it is set up you can varry the weight by moving a spring leg into different positions of this rachet type wheel.Pop open the upper,change the setting,and you go from a super light bench only trigger to a clean crisp dcm legal pull. (or anywhere in between) My experience has shown the Jewell doesn't work well with the DPMS dedicated .22rf upper or a ceiner conversion. I think the hammer strike is too light or falls at a bad angle or something. I do really like my jewell
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#12]
While it's a distinct advantage to have a drop-in module trigger group think the on-the-bench adjustability of the Jewell for around the same $ outweighs the advantage of the CMC trigger.

Have used JARD and have no experience with CMC, presently use a Jewell. On the bench it's set at 2 Lbs. and for "Gun Games" it's easy to adj. it to whatever you want. Install requires that you "learn" the trigger. May take a bit of time and head-scrathing but once you've got it, it's a snap to tune it to your own preference and/or use.    
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Zero complaints with my 2 stage Jewell.  VERY sensitive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top