Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 4:33:04 PM EDT
OK, I received the upper that Paul from BravoCompanyUSA built for me.
I have to start out by saying Paul's customer service was outstanding! No matter how many questions I had, or how much of a pain in the a55 I was, Paul took the time to answer me honostly. Thanks Paul!

So, drum roll please, here it is:

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  Range report is mandatory.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I like, please expand on specs.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I like, please expand on specs.

Yeah, tell us about it, and what it's for.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess the specs would help...
LAR flat top upper, WOA 18" barrel with fitted bolt, YHM flip up front sight and gas block, DD free float rail, Vortex suppressor (I've really grown attached to these), and the upper and barrel are finish in OD Duracoat.
I am dying to get a lower refinished to match but am having a hard time parting with it just to send it out! But I am leaning towards the Magpul stock as the OD is a real close match.
I'm also still undecided on optics...scope, Aimpoint, Eotech????? (Trijicons are to pricey for me now).
And its for, errr, its for, ummm...
I needed an 18" upper to go with my 16's and 20's.  And I have been bitten by the OD bug...
I know I sound like a commercial, but Paul was great at helping me out.
Thanks for looking!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks awesome and I'm usually not an OD guy.  One suggestion get a VLTOR.  I had a Magpul and sold it for a VLTOR and now I'm sold.  You will be very impressed with that barrel.  I have one on my SPR made by JTAC Supply and it shoots sub moa all day long.  I have a A1 on mine but that Vortex looks sweet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
IMHO putting anything but quality MAGNIFIED glass on that would be a disgrace to the WOA bbl.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
IMHO putting anything but quality MAGNIFIED glass on that would be a disgrace to the WOA bbl.

YMMV

I was kinda thinkin the same thing.....

Doesn't have to be an ACOG, and it doesn't have to be a $1k Leupold super-ninja either.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the input!
I already have a Vltor and love it.  I would like the Magpul because 1) I don't have one and 2) the OD is closest to the OD I have.
I have to admit that I really like Underdog's 16" green machine but had started this prior to seeing his... Was kind of up in the air about the barrel length but am happy with the 18".
I am dying to get out and shoot it!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#10]
18" is good. Love the 18". 18" light weight is also good. Nice looking upper.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#11]
What is the twist? Is it chrome lined?

Bob
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#14]
That is SWEET!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, small update. Its killing me, but I haven't shot this upper yet.
I did, however, get an OD Magpul stock (Thanks Rich!!) and have to say the color is a near perfect match...Pictures will be up shortly.
I also just received an OD finished lower.
Hopefully my lower parts kit will come soon...
I still haven't decided, nor do I have any more funds for, optics...
Thanks for the interest and the new pics will be coming!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Frntsyt,

Nice upper!

If you want to paint the Magpul receiver extension to match, Brownells Aluma-Hyde II OD Green is a good match and it's easy to apply.  The only thing I masked was the threads:

Get some of Rich F's XT rail panels, too.  You'll like them way better than the ones pictured.

-z
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Frntsyt,

Nice upper!

If you want to paint the Magpul receiver extension to match, Brownells Aluma-Hyde II OD Green is a good match and it's easy to apply.  The only thing I masked was the threads:
apollo.demigod.org/~zak/DigiCam/M93-paint/small/131_3104_img.jpg
-z

I'm curious as to how the Alumahyde affected the match of the extension to the stock, and how it's wearing in the grooves & notches.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Good taste....... link to my upper http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=130&t=144022 project is in the works
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#19]
norman74,

I'm curious as to how the Alumahyde affected the match of the extension to the stock, and how it's wearing in the grooves & notches.

I used fewer coats on the bottom of the stock (maybe 2 or 3) and more on the top.   On the two longitudinal grooves on the sides, I didn't put any effort in getting paint in those, or masking them off.    The stock works perfectly.  There is some wear visible where the locking mechanism cams to the extension tube, but you'll never see it unless you're looking for it.

-z
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#20]
What contour does the barrel have?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Barrel contour is SPR...
Here are the updated pics:

I have to say, the Magpul and Duracoat OD are a nice match in color!
Now to get them on my Duracoated lower...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top