Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 11:11:57 PM EDT
Does anybody know exactly which color/shade Vltor's stocks in OD have?

Thinking of painting a black one in the same nuance.

Thank you in advance!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Its supposed to be the same OD as all of the other furniture manufacturers use.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Tango Down and VLTOR have the same color match for both their OD and their Coyote.  Magpul's color is a different shade on both the OD and the Coyote.  I can't speak for Knights stuff.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Any of you guys ever here of a Spectrodesitometer!!!
It's used in the printing industry to measure color. it would let a company take one piece of equiptment and measure it and then use that info to match another piece. makes life easy and takes the guess work out of matching.
(or if all you industry guys just want to send me a free sample, I'll measure it for ya and fax ya the results)
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
i think Magpul has the right idea....matching their stuff with already established standards.  every company interpreting OD Green and Coyote Brown differently seems kind of pointless, since Armalite and Cav Arms (respectively) did it the right way first....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Call me strange, but I actually prefer that the colors don't match.  I don't go out of my way to match or not match my gear, but I like the way it looks when the various accessories are different shades of the same color or varying colors that just go together well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If color coordination is important to you there is always spray paint.

The only way to get it all to match .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top