Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 3:53:06 AM EDT
I know the 3 pronged Vortec flash suppressor is one of the best out there to for flash suppresion, but is there a suppressor that will reduce recoil? On Sept. 14th I will be a happier man. Any info would be great.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:06:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I think....yup, it's right here in front of me:  The G6 Vortex has four prongs.

I'm not aware of any flash hiders that reduce recoil.  

A muzzle brake--or is it compensator--will help vent gases so not to affect muzzle climb.  Accuracy?  These will not help you as far as hiding the flash though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:08:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, so the Vortec G6 is the way to go as far as flash suppression?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
The new Phantoms (5C1 and 5C2) have some compensating qualities to them.  This more reduces muzzle flip than recoil, but it will aid in controllability.

BoB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top