Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 9:19:30 PM EDT
I just installed a McCormick trigger pack in my Olympic Arms carbine.  The install went fine (about 5 min.) and the resulting trigger was very nice (flat single stage).  I safety tested the trigger and eveything worked fine.

I took it to the range and it worked flawlessly through 3 mags.  Then it doubled.  I thought I had inadvretenly bumpfired it so I tried again and it quadupaled.  I stopped shooting then and put the gun away.  I have emailed the distributor i bought the trigger from today but don't expect to hear from them until Monday.  I am not the most mechanical guy in the world but I dont see how I could screw up droping the trigger group in and poping in 2 pins.

My question.  Has anyone experienced this with the McCormick trigger?  I know they are new so maybe not.  Maybe I got a bad one that was set too light at the factory.  I am a bit leery about slapping another one in now.  Maybe it would be best to ship the lower out and have a RRA trigger installed.

Anyone have a comment on my experiences?

BTW I was sighting in my Aimpoint and slowfiring from the bench.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried asking Chip McCormick?

Sammy
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm very interested in getting a McCormick trigger so please keep us posted.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I emailed RBPrecission and they were very prompt about getting back to me.  They said they would contact McCormick and swap out triggers.  Like I said, the install was a dream and the trigger was very nice...until it went auto.  I even loaded the first 3 mags with only 2 rounds just in case.  I guess something got pollished just a little too much after 90 rounds or so.  I keep you posted.

Jaycat
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.  Hope to hear the results, as I've been thinking about getting one of their single-stage triggers as well.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:33:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Chip McCormick flat single stage trigger on order, and this has raised my curiosity level as well. Please post your results when you get your new trigger in place.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been considering a CM trigger for my .458 SOCOM.  Needless to say i don't want any possibility of more than one round going at a time.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
What you don't want a three round burst of some .458 SOCOM......  I would yelling Woooooo Hoooooo the whole time that happened.  At least while I was falling on my butt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a Chip McCormick flat single stage trigger on order, and this has raised my curiosity level as well. Please post your results when you get your new trigger in place.

+1  Please let us know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I've ordered CMC 1911 parts before and they are first class!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Outstanding!!!  I'll ship out the old one Thursday (my only day off duty--gotta keep working O.T. to pay for toyshouroly
Thanks
Jaycat.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Robert,
can you tell me a little more about this trigger? I'd like to replace my factory one with something  but don't know what. My current trigger pulls about 10lbs.  I'd like to be around 5lbs. single stage. Can you recommend something?
Riggo
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top