Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 9:53:36 AM EDT
Has anyone used the Fulton Armory lowers to build an AR?  Where they of acceptable quality?  Compareable to Bushmaster, Armalite, etc.?

Thanks,

Bryan
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll start by saying that I have no personal experience w/these lowers. Only have seen a picture of one of them posted on this site awhile back.  Now the guy who posted the pic of his lower, said he thought it was great.  My own impression, purely from that pic, was that the finish was extremely rough, the manufacturer's ID stampings on the left side were very overdone, and to me, very ugly.

Try a search and see if you can pull up that thread.  Then you can make up your own mind
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one that i'm building now and it is very well finished, not rough at all; and I prefered the markings over a big snake ;)  Just personal preference. tyhe only complaint I have is my mag well is a little tight but it may be the surplus mag I have I can't tell yet untill I get more mags.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#3]
FULTON's lowers are machined and made in UTAH!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
By the same company that makes lots of them. And mine is pretty rough at the forge seams also.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I am very fond of the Fulton lowers, they are under rated. Very clean, they match my LMT/Colt uppers, if it does not look like it in the pics than its just that, poor pics. The quality is up there with the best of them.

I also like the fact that my Auto Connector dropped right in with no mods needed. Lets see you do that with a Colt...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am very fond of the Fulton lowers, they are under rated. Very clean, they match my LMT/Colt uppers, if it does not look like it in the pics than its just that, poor pics. The quality is up there with the best of them.

I also like the fact that my Auto Connector dropped right in with no mods needed. Lets see you do that with a Colt...

pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL705/2571600/5112396/65159572.jpg

pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL705/2571600/5112396/65159514.jpg

Your pic shows a unit a hell of a lot better finished than the one I'd seen previously; so I'm glad you posted it.  If they're all that well finished , then It looks as good as most of the other brands I've seen/handled/owned
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top