Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 2:48:21 AM EDT
I do a lot of night firing exercises and looking for something with maximum flash hiding ability. Anyone on here ever added one to their varmint/competition AR SS bull barrels? Recommendations appreciated. Will, of course, wait until the AWB sunsets before adding a true flash hider.

Kevin  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a AWC or a Gem-Tech suppresser.  You are in AZ so you could actually buy right from AWC.  Best flash suppresser in the world and it is easier on the ears too.  When you put the NVD on the rifle for blasting the coyotes at night the suppresser will show its value.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's a compensator I found that I installed on my bull setup.  The only problem so far was the fact that I shot the comp off the barrel and I had to dimple the barrel where the setscrews seat so that they would get a better bite and not allow the comp to fly off.

Here's where you can buy one, if interested:

Bull Barrel Compensator
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#3]
mongo001,

What kind of handguard is on your rifle?  It looks kind of like a mutated Armalite free float tube.

Thanks,

IDHunt
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
mongo001,

What kind of handguard is on your rifle?  It looks kind of like a mutated Armalite free float tube.

Thanks,

IDHunt

Custom made by a guy named Jeff Cramblit.  Found it on an online auction, thought it would make an interesting upper and you see the result.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the recommendations folks. Now I just need to find the contact info for AWC, so far, no luck.

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is the URL for AWC.

IDHunt
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I have not ordered it yet, but was leaning toward the Olympic PCR8 with ss bull barrel because of Oly's accuracy reputation. I was told that it had a outside diameter of 1", but have not confirmed this myself yet. I seem to remember a Vortex flash hider and assume this is what you are referring to with .9 diameter dimension? Btw, not sure if I am going with the PCR8 as I have been soliciting feedback on Ameetec AR's and may end up going that route. However, I just may end buying both before its over!

Kevin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top