Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 4:00:00 PM EDT
I sent my midlength upper to Steve on 08/12 to have the comp removed and Vortex installed. I also had him reduce the barrel diameter under the handguards. I received it yesterday. The work is excellent and reasonably priced. He has earned my future business
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I sent my midlength upper to Steve on 08/12 to have the comp removed and Vortex installed. I also had him reduce the barrel diameter under the handguards. I received it yesterday. The work is excellent and reasonably priced. He has earned my future business

Broken record.

to Adco!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Steve just finished up a barrel for me. Cut down an RRA M4-gery barrel with the faux flash hider and permanently attached a phantom. So far all I have seen is a picture, but it looks good. These guys are quick. They received the barrel Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday evening, it was done:

Should have it back in my hands sometime early next week.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Engineer- do you mind me asking how much that set you back.  I'm thinking that I'd like to have that done to my RRA M4gery barrel...

It really looks good with that phantom FH.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagged.  Steve called me yesterday to tell me that mine's on its way back.  Bushy M4 got a KAC Short FF RAS, a new permapinned new Phantom (with closed bottom), and a pre-ban FSB.  I'll post pics and impressions once it gets here, but I fully expect to be impressed.

BoB
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
ADCO does first class work, not only on barrels.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad to hear more good things about Steve at ADCO, have an order in for a new mid-length upper from them!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Got my barrel back this morning. Schuster does some damn good work and thanks to Steve for being his pimp.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:58:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Steve just finished up a barrel for me. Cut down an RRA M4-gery barrel with the faux flash hider and permanently attached a phantom. So far all I have seen is a picture, but it looks good. These guys are quick. They received the barrel Wednesday afternoon and by Thursday evening, it was done:

www.adcofirearms.com/images/engineer.jpg

Should have it back in my hands sometime early next week.

So, did they cut the barrel down to 14.5" or did they manage to get the faux FH off and thread the barrel?  I want to get the pressed-on faux FH off my M4-gery upper so I can thread the barrel, but keep the barrel at 16".  Is this possible?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So, did they cut the barrel down to 14.5" or did they manage to get the faux FH off and thread the barrel?  I want to get the pressed-on faux FH off my M4-gery upper so I can thread the barrel, but keep the barrel at 16".  Is this possible?

I had them cut the barrel down to 14.5" and perm attach a phantom. I believe Steve said that the FH could be pressed off and the end threaded if I decided to go with that route. I thought that contour might look fugly so I decided to have him chop the barrel instead of pressing off the faux FH and threading the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had them cut the barrel down to 14.5" and perm attach a phantom. I believe Steve said that the FH could be pressed off and the end threaded if I decided to go with that route. I thought that contour might look fugly so I decided to have him chop the barrel instead of pressing off the faux FH and threading the barrel.

+1 Ditto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top