Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 8:12:24 AM EDT
Will the price of Colt M4 uppers go down after the AWB Sunsets??
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll look in my crystal ball when I get home this evening.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Not likely.

Uppers were never 'controlled', they never stopped making 'pre ban' ones...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Might actually go up at first.  Since there will likely be a greater demand dom 9/14.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely.

I understand what you are saying.But how will they fetch $700 plus for them when you can buy a complete M4 for about a grand?And get the Colt Ribbed collapsable stock and tube to boot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely.

I understand what you are saying.But how will they fetch $700 plus for them when you can buy a complete M4 for about a grand?And get the Colt Ribbed collapsable stock and tube to boot.

Who's getting $700 for them?  I just ordered an LMT M4 upper for <$500, and you can get complete uppers ready to fire from CMMG for $500 as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not likely.

Who's getting $700 for them?  I just ordered an LMT M4 upper for <$500, and you can get complete uppers ready to fire from CMMG for $500 as well.

Yeah I know I got a LMT from MSTN a couple of months ago.I am not sure of the current price for a Colt M4 upper.I know the last time I checked a while back that was the going rate.I am just trying to figure out my Post-AWB purchases.I need a pre ban upper for one of my lowers and would like to get a Factory Colt.Since I am partial to Colt anyway.But if the price is still outrageous I will go with another LMT.They have great fit and finish and it will match with my KAC lower anyway.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
There are several manufacturers that have surpassed the quality and finish of the Colt uppers. All the guys I know are using LMT or Rock River Arms. Better quality, a lot less money, and a lot more available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top