Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 4:38:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
if that's actual size I'd say it works pretty well
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Bigbore,

I think the threads on the OPS brake will still keep it a no-no for us in states with State AWBs.  Any word on ATF approval of your ADCO clone brake?  I know that lots of us ARFcommers in the affected states (NJ,NY, CT, etc) are eager to use it if /when we can...

Will
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds great...can you give us the details on the new brake?

Will
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Bigbore,
put me down for the new brake.Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Is the new brake worth upgrading to?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:55:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Duly noted.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Bigbore,

I think the threads on the OPS brake will still keep it a no-no for us in states with State AWBs.  Any word on ATF approval of your ADCO clone brake?  I know that lots of us ARFcommers in the affected states (NJ,NY, CT, etc) are eager to use it if /when we can...

For the States with their own AWB which may prohibit flash suppressors, it is up to them to define flash sppressors based on their own standards: the ATF only determines the federal standard for the Federal AWB, however Federal legislation supercedes State legislation if more prohibitive than the sates

When the Federal AWB sunsets, the states that have their own version determine what is and isn't postban legal in conjunction with their laws

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Interesting info, Alan.  Does anyone know where I could get more info/clarification on the details of the state AWBs, or guidance on legality?  I've looked around quite a bit have never seen where/how my state (NJ) defines a FS.  Maybe it hasn't yet, but now will have to, with the Federal AWB sunset?

This stuff is really confusing, and of course, is most likely designed that way on purpose to scare folks away from accessorizing their post-ban legal AR-type rifles (if they're even willing to go through the hassle of getting one in the first place)!  Thanks for any help here.

Will
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top