Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2004 2:44:43 PM EDT
I know everyones waiting to thread and install flashiders on the postban barrels. My question is does anyone make a decent flashider that will also control the muzzle rise on my 16" super lightweight barrel? Or should I just stick with a threaded Calvery Comp or a threaded KKF A2 brake?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got with an A2.  They're somewhate of a comp since the bottom is solid.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
AR15s really dont need a comp.  the recoil is next to nothing.  buy  a vortex g6
Remman
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The recoil isn't a problem I can shoot it one handed it's so light. the muzzle just really jumps and follow up shots are a real pain. I just need to control the rise. I could always switch to a Vortex or a Phanthom to go covert later if needed. Looks like I'll just buy an assortment and see which is best.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The recoil isn't a problem I can shoot it one handed it's so light. the muzzle just really jumps and follow up shots are a real pain. I just need to control the rise. I could always switch to a Vortex or a Phanthom to go covert later if needed.

A2 FS and a PRI FatBoy gas tube.  I installed a FatBoy on my M4gery which has a A3 Tac Brake from KKF and it now has negative recoil.  The muzzle dives instead of climbing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]
forward grip
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I noticed the same problem. Recoil is minimal but muzzle rise is a small problem for me the lighter the rifle.

I had a fabain brothers muzzle brake/flash suppressor in my spares box so I put it on a 14.5 barrel to test it. Its old, I picked it up a long time ago and looks like a standard A2 with a brake behind it.
It worked pretty good but it seemed long even for a 14.5 barrel. I took the suppressor to a friend who does machining work and he shortened it, made two groves resembling an A2 and put a couple of wrench flats on the back. By shortening it I lost some of the braking effect as the threaded part of the barrel covers up some of the brake holes. It still proves to be an effective brake/suppressor hybrid

It makes a 14.5 barrel a little over 16" now that its permanantly attached and helps with muzzle rise. I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

I have no idea where you'd get one though. In fact, I dont remember where I got this one. I beleive I got it in a trade back in the 80's sometime.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top