Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 2:55:11 PM EDT
Hello,

As I'm only 5'5", I want to get an A1 length stock.  Just wondering how well the C1 fits the bill.  It looks like it uses an A2 buttplate, or is it something totally custom?  I also wonder if it looks or feels plasticy/cheap?  The normal A2 stock is fairly solid.  Just wondering how this compares.  FWIW, I'm contemplating one in black.

Any good hi-res pics all around would be helpful.

BoB
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one on my AR that I built. I like the length better than an A2, but it's a just a little on the plasticky side. It makes a little noise when it's struck on the side, but not too bad. I put a strip of "100-mph" tape on the each side of the inside of the stock and that helped cut the noise somewhat.

It has more room on the inside than an A2 because there's no foam on the inside. That's also why it tends to be a little noisier. I used to keep a spare set of batteries for my EO-Tech in there along with some spare parts and a couple of KAC RAS panels(6 rib & 4-rib). It's pretty roomy...

I like the buttplate on it better than an A2 also. It has rounded corners and only the trap door has checkering.

I took the the standard sling attachment off of mine and went with a single-point sling attachment for HK-type hooks from Fulton Armory. I filled in the slot where the standard sling attachment goes with Bondo-Glass and painted it black.

All in all it's a good stock set-up, but I'll be removing it and putting a collapsible stock on my AR when the ban dies in about 3 weeks.

Picture of my rifle with CavArms C1 installed...

I'll try to get some better pics posted shortly...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The stock feels solid - I like the texture job they did on the stock (feels better than the surplus M16A1 stock I had on the rifle before).  The plastic buttplate it comes with works - but I prefer the A2 buttplate so that is what I used.  Here is a photo of my rifle (prior to the instally of my Troy MRF-F).

P.S. The Coyote Brown (what is show above) looks really good in person.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are some pictures of a C1 stock.

Here's a picture of the storge compartment...it's pretty good size...

Shot of the buttplate. Notice the rounded corners and that only the storage compartment door is checkered...

Side view of the stock...

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The C1 stock comes with it's own buttplate , but you can use any A2 instead  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:34:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use C1 stocks on everything.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17921

-Troy

So I take it you like them?  What's your impression of the feel?

BoB
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I use C1 stocks on everything.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=17921

-Troy

Yeah?  Well what about the one on the left?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#8]
What do you think the strength is like compaired to the old M16A1 trapdoor or the original M16/AR-15 (no storage compartment) stocks?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I use one on my 3Gun rifle
[ link to larger image ]

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
mine works...   replaced it with a magpul though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top