Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2004 8:15:21 PM EDT
Hello,

I can't tell if the DPMS Multi-Tool has the "nubs" to remove both types of castle nuts.  Can somebody post pics of both sides of the tool?

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Strange.  Can you use the old style tool for the new style castle nut?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Strange.  Can you use the old style tool for the new style castle nut?

What part are you talking about?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#4]

I believe he is referring to the new style castle nut for the collapsible stock. My experience is that the DPMS tool will work in a pinch, but not really well. You have to be careful as it will slip off the nut easily.

Better to use the proper tool: www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=16882
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I believe he is referring to the new style castle nut for the collapsible stock. My experience is that the DPMS tool will work in a pinch, but not really well. You have to be careful as it will slip off the nut easily.

Better to use the proper tool: www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=16882

Ok, I'm with you, but I guess I knew those as "Colt style" and others.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've heard that most tools (other than the DPMS) bend easily.  Has anyone used one of these Brownell's jobbies to take off a fixed telestock?  Mine's on a bushie M4.

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Has anyone used one of these Brownell's jobbies to take off a fixed telestock?

The wrench you are refering to is made by RRA and it funtions perfectly on a castle nut providing that it has ben installed correctly (square openings facing back)

Sometimes people install the nut backwards because they have the old style wrench. If the nut is installed backwards you will need the old wrench to remove the nut.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I used a standard tool to remove the fixed tele from my Bushy M4gery and the only thing I would suggest is getting a piece of pipe (the longer the better) and fit it over the end of the wrench to use as leverage.  My brother-in-law and I tried for about 20 minutes to get the nut loose, and couldn't.  I went into the garage, pulled out a piece of pipe, put it on the end of the wrench, and it just popped right off.  It fit on the nut just fine.  The wrench I used seemed to be a standard USGI style wrench.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top