Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2004 12:37:02 AM EDT
Complete JP Fire Control Package with trigger kit, speed hammer and free anti-walk pins  costs around 170 dollars, and it is just a single stage  trigger, So lets hear it from you ,that have used them is it a Pro? or is it a CON ? I have heard from some people that they have used these triggers and went back to there stock triggers because it would sometimes shoot an extra round off after you pull the trigger, like I said this is only what I have heard, so if you agree or if you disagree post it, well I am out for now peace and happy and safe shooting And to add to this, Change stock trigger? or keep stock?
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Worth every penny. It makes a great single stage trigger if you are used
to bolt rifles. Breaks like glass at around 3lbs. Easy to install and adjust.
They provide a video CD to help with installation. I opted for the whole pkg
plus the tensioning pin, which is also a great way to tighten up your rifle.
The people that are experiencing doubles do not have or did not adjust the
disconnector/trigger mating correctly. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed one in my SPR clone and I like alot.  The only thing I didn't like was that the anti-walkout pins stuck out too far in the lower.  I swapped them out with a KNS pin retaining kit and I love it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Save your money and get the trigger only.  Their pins suck and the fancy hammer isn't necessary unless you plan to use it for 9mm.  Also, I've had a few light primer hits with their 3 lb hammer spring.  Stick with your stock spring.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Put one in my IPSC gun. (Pre-ban Bushmaster).  Love it.  Great trigger.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#5]
AZERIC,

Sure, if you use their light springs and don't use their hammer, light primer strikes can occur.   It makes sense.. more mass, less powerful spring:  longer lock time and light hits.   With either their 3 or 4# spring sets and their low-mass hammer, I get 100% ignition.

-z
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a friend that has the low mass hammer and low mass carrier and his rifle shoots great with it.  0.25MOA is a regular for him and recoil impulse is next to nothing.  If you use the low mass carrier, you must also use the low mass hammer.  The hammer by itself makes no sense and will gain you nothing and likely introduce misfires  like stated above.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I had JP FCG's in 2 rifles for many thousands of rounds. They never gave me a bit of trouble; including light primer strikes. I swapped them out for Accuracy Speaks units only because of my anxiety about having adjustment screws in the FCG, not because they ever actually caused a problem. The AS will just never yield the exquisite trigger break that a JP will but, I sleep better. (I sleep with an AR beside the bed.)

As to the 2 vs. 1 stage business: I'm not sure what a guy would want with a 2 stage trigger for other than High Power and/or bench rest competition. I've heard the argument that a 2 stage trigger is "safer" than a 1 stage but, I classify that argument right in there with the "NYPD" 10 lb. Glock trigger: Hogwash. If you are moving around with your finger on the trigger, I don't care if it has 16 stages and a 45 lb. pull. Sooner or later the gun is going to bang when you didn't mean for it to.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't want a 2 stage, I like single stage, and the JP does just what I want.

If some guys get doubles, it is due to misadjustment, and JP tells you exactly how to adjust sear engagement and over travel.  This trigger is fully adjustable.  In this case, they need to back off the rear screw 1/4 - 1/2 turn or so.

Mine does not double, and I have had NO misfires with a wide range of ammo.

I have the full setup, both trigger and hammer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
i have all of JP's trigger parts in my IPSC  AR
hammer. trigger kit . pins.

its great ,nice crisp 3lb trigger

easy to install and adjust , came with instruction c/d too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top