Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2004 5:07:25 AM EDT
I recently purchased a stripped SOCOM Mfg Black Diamond lower for use i na custom build. The design of the lower is pretty cool and the machine work looks great, but the anodized finish on the outside is crap. For the $250.00 price, I would have expected a finish on par with Les Baers. Anyway...

I am using an LMT upper with the Black Diamond lower. The LMT has a very dark finish, black. The anodizing on the Black Diamond is more of a med-dark gray. I would like the upper & lower to match or at least create a two-tone effect that is aesthetically pleasing, but tactically efective (low reflectivity).

Does anyone know of a good source for anodizing that can probably get a close match between the LMT and the new lower? The only source I have found so far for hard anodizing to Colt-type coloration charges $125.00 to refinish an AR lower. That's a lot more than I was expecting (Hell, I can get it matte chrome plated from APW for less than that!!!).

Thanks for your input!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top