Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 9:01:04 PM EDT
If I get a Harris bipod with one of the ARMS throw lever mounts will it work on my YHM Lightweight 4 railed handguards?  I had to ask since all the fuss lately about them not being "in spec".
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Should fit.  The throw levr mounts are more "forgiving" when used on out of spec rails.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with Troy.  There have been a number of reports of ARMS throw levers not mating up with YHM rails due to the wider specs of that company's products.  They have wider tolerances than the milspec and may or may not match up with a throw lever.  The ARMS lever requires a rail be within the milspec dimensions.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#4]
So what is another option.  I do not have to have ARMS and it does not have to be QD.  I just knew that is what alot of people have.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
If you have a YHM forearm, why not get the YHM bipod mount?  I got one for my rifle.  Its not quick release, but its very sturdy, and at $27 a very good buy.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I use the YHM bipod mount (#638) and it seems to work great. Like the above post says, "it's not QD" but it will save you some jack.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...it will save you some jack.

it might also save you FROM jack if the ARMS mount doesn't fit your YHM rail...
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Seems to me that somone might as YHM is the ARMS throw levers fit their rails. That might also cut out the moron coments.
Jack

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Seems to me that somone might as YHM is the ARMS throw levers fit their rails. That might also cut out the moron coments.
Jack

Is it just me, or does that make no sense ?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jack

Is it just me, or does that make no sense ?

It's not just you.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
+1
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:21:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Jack

Translation for non morons
Seems to me that somone might (ASK) YHM (IF) the ARMS throw levers fit their rails.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang!  Someone touched a nerver there didn't they!!  
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#17]
TNRonin:

Yeah, there was a nerve touched.

But ya gotta agree that the "new Jack" is playing much nicer than before.

Corey
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Should fit.  The throw levr mounts are more "forgiving" when used on out of spec rails.

???

Hardly.  The design of the levers requires very tight tolerances on the rail width.  It is the clamp-on type accessories that are more forgiving, but those are not QD.

-Troy

Quoted:
I agree with Troy.  There have been a number of reports of ARMS throw levers not mating up with YHM rails due to the wider specs of that company's products.  They have wider tolerances than the milspec and may or may not match up with a throw lever.  The ARMS lever requires a rail be within the milspec dimensions.

D'OH!!!  My appollogies.  I was up past my bedtime and got a lil' .  
W/ all of the "TD" no "SIR"s  are to spec. Threads floating around I crossed the threads in my gray matter.
The Left to right clamp on type mounts are the most forgiving in terms of the rail spec needed.
Then comes the TL's though apparently, according to some that have experienced it firsthand, not forgiving enough for some of the YHM rails.  I hadn't heard that, though now I'm "up to speed" on that issue.  The mounts I was comparing the TL's to was the slide on types like the TD FPG.  Those type of mounts require exacting spec.s and are "un-forgiving" w/ out of spec. rails.  Sorry for the confusion.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Seems to me that somone might (ASK) YHM (IF) the ARMS throw levers fit their rails.
Jack

thanks for the translation from 'jackbonics' into plain english, jack. hey, i'm a moron and i STILL had NO idea what you were saying
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jack

thanks for the translation from 'jackbonics' into plain english, jack. hey, i'm a moron and i STILL had NO idea what you were saying
cheers,
MM

You are not just a Moron, you are THE MilitaryMoron......

Btw, if it doesn't fit, you must acquit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top