Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 1:41:21 PM EDT
I have read several good write ups on carbon fiber uppers, and I want one. Does anyone make one readily available? If not I may have to buy a BM superlight barrel, carbon fiber upper reciever, and the YHM lightweight ff handguard with rails, and have someone put it together for me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Hesse/Vulcan makes kevlar/polymer uppers.  However, considering their build quality, I would get their receiver stripped and get the parts from elsewhere.  So far, reparts indicate the kevlar receivers themselves are strong and lightweight.  Hesse/Vulcan employees are less than competent in their ability to build a rifle and the parts they buy are very far from being acceptable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top