Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 6:15:32 AM EDT
I am looking into getting a bolt/carrier and was wondering your opinions on which you feel is better.  Bushmaster or Colt? And what are the markings on them that I should look for? As far as I know Bushy dosen't have markings, well my pre-ban bolt/carrier dosen't.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:54:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If you currently have either I'd go Colt.  If you already had a Bushy, and/or were getting one free of charge from a friend etc., I'd feel perfectly fine runninng a BM.  I have for years w/o a problem, however, the new Colts are a bit heavier I believe, w/ a ull length full circle carrier.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#2]
LMT bolts, are better than either ya listed ....... $155 off the EE.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LMT bolts, are better than either ya listed ....... $155 off the EE.

Mike

I'd agree, but he wants the Bolt and carrier, that puts him around $227.00, way more than either option he listed.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I would go with either, and have ARs running with both.  Whatever seems to be cheapest and/ or easiest to obtain would be what I would use.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]
The bolt is the critical part, I own bolts from all three named, (LMT, Bushy & Colt) as well as DPMS and Rock River and am considering purchase of another LMT bolt for my long-range AR. They'll work with any makers bolt carrier, so spending extra for their bc/firing pin and FP retaining pin is not a requirement to gain the added reliability of the LMT bolt.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm running Colt M16 bolts and carriers in all my AR's.  I've seen too many Bushy's with loose carrier keys and bum extractors to trust 'em.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replys.
Before reading all of them(replys) I ordered a Bushy carrier for $75. Well I'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]

...the new Colts are a bit heavier I believe, w/ a ull length full circle carrier. /S2
That doesn't sound like Colt.  Mine has the no-circle carrier and my BM has the shorter circle.  Maybe the LEO Colts have an M16 carrier...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top