Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2004 12:33:36 PM EDT
hey all, here are preview pics of the TD rail panels with the texture in the finger grooves.  the last step before production is the laser-cut texture that sharpens the molded texture in the finger grooves - same as the pistol grip.  looks like these will go into production in the next few weeks - getting real close.
they'll only come in one size, but can be cut shorter if need be.  i cut a couple down (seen here in the pics) and it was easy to do and ended up looking pretty professional. i used a regular wood saw, then rounded the corners with 100 grit sandpaper, then went to 250 then 400 to finish the trimmed ends off.  they'll come in black, earth brown, and green (colours matching vltor's stocks exactly).  
cheers,
MM

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
So, are they made from a hard plastic??

Monty
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So, are they made from a hard plastic??
Monty

yes.  pretty much the same as their vertical and pistol grips.  in fact, the coloured panels and vltor stocks will be made from the SAME material - TD and vltor got together and bought the same material for a perfect colour match for their furniture.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, eM Nice pics.  Are the shorter panels in your img.s the ones you cut and finished?  Because if they are I'm sending you mine to cut.
Oh and I'm sure Jeff told you I keep nagging him about lengths but is a rifle length planned so we can cut for mid's if we need it?

Thanks MM, /S2
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#5]
yo S2,
yep, those are the ones i cut.  dude, if  I can make them look nice, anyone can
nope, no rifle length panel is planned. just have to use 2 panels or 1 1/2 for a middie.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate wating

Going to get TD's battle grip, rail panels and foregrip all in OD (more than likely)  when they become avaible for the SEBR carbine

Now to just figgure out what kind of stock I want
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...nope, no rifle length panel is planned. just have to use 2 panels or 1 1/2 for a middie.
cheers,
MM

Thanks Bud.
Stay safe.
/S2
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry if this has been asked before: How well does the Coyote/Dark Earth/whatever color match Cavalry Arms?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I hate wating

Going to get TD's battle grip, rail panels and foregrip all in OD (more than likely)  when they become avaible for the SEBR carbine

Now to just figgure out what kind of stock I want

Dude, Vltor's are a perfect match for the TD gear!!!

My Vltor is very nice!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#11]
MM,

Excellent pics as usual!  BTW, how secure are the TD panels compared to the KAC?  Will they easily slide around on the rail?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey S2! How ya doin??

C4

Miserable, life is in boxes, newly "house poor", and I found the poison ivy patch...the hard way. J/K  

Thanks for asking though.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#13]
yojimbo,
i haven't been able to make them slide - the only way for them to move is to lift the latch, or if something happens to break it.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey S2! How ya doin??

C4

Miserable, life is in boxes, newly "house poor", and I found the poison ivy patch...the hard way. J/K  

/S2

What, you were doing yard work in the nude?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Sweet looking panels.

Best place ot order them from?  Any suggestions?

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#16]
We will have them in stock by end of the month and will begin shipping back orders.
TangoDown Rail Covers
If your dealer has them on order you should see them in the next 3 weeks.
Larry at Buffer Technologies
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey S2! How ya doin??

C4

/S2

What, you were doing yard work in the nude?

You mean like dippin' in someone elses briar bush?

Nah...but I was doing yard work.  And I discovered that while dogs do not "get" poison ivy, they sure as heck carry the oils on their coat.  A lil' rasslin' and some "aw look how cute" later and I'm in Ivy up to my @$$.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, that is some nasty stuff. Hope you get better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks man, stuff's just annoying really not much more, but annoying is enough.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Sorry if this has been asked before: How well does the Coyote/Dark Earth/whatever color match Cavalry Arms?

I'm assuming nobody knows, or this has been answered too many times for a reply...

I'd do a search, but appearently they're upgrading it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#22]
They are similar but different:

The ergo grip is a Cav Arms Coyote while the stock is a VLTOR dark earth.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
They are similar but different:
www.hunt101.com/img/152603.jpg
The ergo grip is a Cav Arms Coyote while the stock is a VLTOR dark earth.

the cav/ergo grip's got a bit more grey in it than VLTOR earth brown.  the shades are darker than shown in the pic - it's the lighting.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks much, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#25]
How much are they??????

Mike
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How much are they??????
Mike

mike, check out larryB's link he provided on his post above.
cheers,
MM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top