Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 4:02:14 PM EDT
Due to the recent flurry of threads about our rails we feel it is necessary to clear up several misrepresentations. Our rails do not meet MIL-STD-1913 in all areas. Our dovetails are manufactured to meet 1913 with three exceptions:
1. The .367 min. depth requirement is not met on our forearms. Our forearms have a depth of .280 min. but they then quickly taper off on a 1” radius.
2. The .617-.010 width is run at .545 +/-.005 on our forearms.
3. The slot depth .118 -.008 is .122-.004 +.007 on our forearms. This is also not a true representation because we turn our slots on a lathe so it meets this dimension only at the center of the rail.
See the illustration below for a comparison:

http://yhm.net/images/milstd.jpg

We believe that our forearms as they have been produced will accept the majority of accessories on the market today. They are strong, durable and dependable additions to any AR.

YHM has been a quality manufacturer of firearm products since 1951. YHM is a government contractor and subcontractor. Our quality control system has been approved for the manufacturing of government parts and is audited on a regular basis. We do not cut corners on quality. All of our parts are inspected to a zero defect quality assurance program. Human nature does dictate though and no program is 100% effective.

In deciding to enter into the AR15/M16 market we CHOSE to design and market our products to the retail market. We feel there is a great need for high quality, reasonably priced products out there. One of our main goals is to have the best customer service record in the industry. With that said if you have a problem with one of YHM's products we want to know. YHM will accept returns and issue a credit on any part that has not been damaged “NO QUESTIONS ASKED”.

The sounding board that is AR15.com helps everyone to make intelligent informed decisions. With so many products to choose from and only so many dollars to spend, making the right decision the first time is critical. YHM offers the above information in that spirit of cooperation. We will try to use the information learned from the threads contained here to produce better products designed to meet the needs of the general AR15 community.

We respect the opinions of our customers and the end users of our products. Please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Paul Tetreault
Plant Manager
YHM
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Makes sense!!!!
Jack
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Archer,

Thank you for the info!  I have been pleased with my YHM bipod mount so far.  Very sturdy and excellent value!  I was wondering if you have any plans to expand your current product line to include items such as Flashlight mounts, scope rings, railed scope bases, etc.  Also do you have any plans for any "Quick Release" or throw lever type designs?  I think there is a very strong market for your high quaity/low cost products!  Thanks again and keep up the good work!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the type of honesty and integrityI love to see from companies.  Two thumbs up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
YHM is one of the VERY few companies I have no concerns about when I order something. Everything I've ever seen that was made by YHM has been of highest quality, and at an unusually reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow I have to order some stuff now, thx for thinking of us.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Getting ready to send my order in as I read this.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a number of YHM products including the free float lightweight carbine forearm.  My grip and bipod adapter fits fine.

They have great products and have been making parts for Bushmaster for years.

I don't think YHM would mind but.....................Here on AR15.com in the Industry section we have our own YHM discount dealer, Brightflashlights.  He carries all the forearms, kits and accessories at great prices.  

Again thanks YHM for being up front with us and keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:47:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have a YHM forearm (yet) but the other YHM products I own offer high end quality at a decent price. I'll be buying more from YHM. Thanks for the post Archer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top