Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 7:05:54 PM EDT
Hello fellow AR enthusiasts!

A quick question - what is the best post-ban muzzle break currently available?  
I have heard things about the break MSTN is coming out with in the future, but that is not an option right now - or is it Wes?

In a separate question, which post-ban muzzle break/comp looks the most like an A2 flash hider?
I have seen pictures of the EGW break (thanks USMC03) and it looks good.

Thanks for the help!!!
Spooky
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
As for best, that's gonna be very subjective. My favorite, though, is the Miculek brake (the permanent model, not the slip-on).

I know that a lot of guys like Kurt's A2/A3 breaks. They do resemble the actual FHs the most, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Kurts Kustom Firearms A2Tac Brake!!!!!!!!!! I have them on my RRA carbine and my Colt MT6601 www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I've put a SOG Armory post-ban bird cage comp on.  You really can't see it that well in the picture.

It's put on with six set screws.  I drilled small dimples for the set screws to seat in and used Loctite on the screws also.  Never has gotten loose over the past 2 years.  I use it a lot at 3-gun matches and carbine side matches they have at IDPA tournments.

Here's a link to the birdcage comp at SOG
www.sogarmory.com/ProductsList.aspx?CategoryID=56&selection=8

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top