Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2004 2:49:54 PM EDT
just curious, if my pre-ban  lower gets smashed into pieces can i get a replacement lower from the original maufacturer as long as i can prove that i am just replacing a broken lower ? or am i just s.o.l.

meat
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
YES, usually, but there is always an exception. The maker of the original has a lot to do with it, plus the paper work and spec. handling charges.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
It's up to the manufacturer to decide whther or not they will replace a lower.  Olympic is the only one I know of that will do this with no questions asked.  If its out of spec, they will do it for free.  If it's your fault, they will charge you, but they will do it.  Everyone else does it on a case to case basis.  There is some ATF paperwork to do for this and most will try to avoid doing it unless absolutely necessary.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
just curious, if my pre-ban  lower gets smashed into pieces can i get a replacement lower from the original maufacturer as long as i can prove that i am just replacing a broken lower ? or am i just s.o.l.

meat

Is this one of those "I know this guy who..." type questions?  

Edited to reflect my lack of attention to Detail-  You're in Kalifornia
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the info guys!!!!!!
it's a good piece of info i needed to know
by the way troy, you in norcal or socal? maybe we can hook up and go shoot if you are in socal, don't have many people here that i know that are into ar-15s.                          
                                                        meat
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#7]
cool,
thanks troy, i'll look em up !

meat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top