Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 8:25:37 PM EDT
I got a Olympic arms lower where the hammer and trigger pin holes are loose, I see good bit of movement with standard size pins. The over sized pins (.156) easily fit right through the receiver. With a Eagle arms receiver the over size pins are a bit tuff to fit through. Is this common with the Olympic brand? Should I see about having the receiver replaced? The receiver in question is a preban M.F.R. model and was produced around June of '94. I guess the big question is can I expect Olympic to do better if I had it replaced.
Dennis
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The recent Olympics have been very good in my experience.  They went to CNC machines only fairly recently, so their new receivers should be as good as anyone else's these days.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Their recent ones are outstanding, and your old one can be rebuilt if it is out of spec.  If the AWB ends, I would simply buy a new one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]
They do have a lifetime warranty, so if the holes are out of spec due to improper manufacturing, they will replace it for free.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
They won't admit that they ever made anything out of spec.  The chance of getting it replaced are slim to none.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in Cal. so just buying a new one not a option. I will call Olympic and see what they will do, might have to pay for a replacement. I guess at the worst the hole can be drilled out to Colt large size.
Dennis
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They won't admit that they ever made anything out of spec.  The chance of getting it replaced are slim to none.

There have been several people on this board that got thier receivers remanufactured for free for being out of spec.  Some people have even gotten their Plinkers remade for free even though their was nothing really wrong with them other than the people weren't satisfied with the cast receivers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm not sure where you came up with this but I sent two pre-ban SGW receivers back to them for being out-of-spec and they returned two perfect, brand-spanking-new receivers FREE OF CHARGE!

I returned one about a year ago and the other about 6 months ago.  Turn around time was 3-4 weeks.  Both are absolutely perfect in every aspect, stamped with my original serial numbers and the original SGW logo.  The only thing I had to pay was shipping to Washington.

So, not only did they admit it, their lifetime warranty covered it!  How 'bout that?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad you guys had good luck with them. I was told (not so nicely BTW) that their lifetime warranty covered only complete rifes sold by them.

Also, I was told that there was no way my lower (pre-ban) could be out of spec. No possibility, no way, no how. They wouldn't even accept the possibility of it.  

The whole experience was the most pitiful excuse for customer service I've ever encountered.

BTW, I have 3 OLY lowers all pre-ban.  The only good one is the oldest milled receiver.

I can't wait for the AWB to sunset so I can replace them with a quality product.

You can bet they will be Bushies, Armalites, or Rock Rivers.  You couldn't run fast enough to give me another Oly lower.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#9]
If your Oly lowers are that bad, I'll take them off your hands!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to hang on to them until after Sept.

Thanks for the offfer though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top