Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2004 7:39:45 PM EDT
Made PayPal transfer Wed night and received product Sat afternoon. I haven't mounted it on my M4gery yet as I'm waiting for my 14.5" barrel to arrive.
From what I can report so far the finish and workmanship is excellent... much better than I had expected from older reviews I'd read. Considering the expense of a KAC M4 RAS or ARMs SIR, the Surefire has them both beat.

G&R tactcal is the way to go if you're looking to buy the Surefire.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Grant is one of the good guys for sure!  +++++1 for GnR
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Grant is certianly one of the best. Its hard to beat his prices, customer service, and friendly attitude. Great guy with great prices.
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 5:07:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you'll be pleased with your M73.  The quality is excellent and once mounted the system is as solid as a rock!  I originally bought mine as a "try it and see" type of thing but it's remained on my primary M4 ever since!  Make sure you get some photos posted once you get it installed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Can you possibly get some up close pics of the rails and the cuts?  That was the biggest issue with the one I looked at, it had flash from the casting process.  

Oh and you all would shit if you knew who actually made them.  LOL

Edited to add:  And yes I agree, Grant is good people to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:25:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Oh and you all would shit if you knew who actually made them.  LOL

I thought everyone already knew that ARMS made them...  

It's common knowledge that Surefire and ARMS have been working very close with all their products so it would only be logical.   IMHO, the whole issue about the top rail height not matching receiver rail still needs to be addressed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL, no I didn't know that was common knowledge.  And from what SF says, there is no plans (as of the time I received the email at least) to do anything about the height.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Grant,

I gotcha and understand about the optics and PEQ mounting but they should have just made it like my KAC MRE and make one low and one high rail to be mounted as needed.  That would be the best of both worlds...

IIRC, the uneven rail became and issue because Surfire's advertising said that it would good for mounting optics, also in that same article they mentioned that it was also a FF rail...
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#11]
So then, does ARMS really make them, or is it a sub-contractor???
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Monty,

IIRC, ARMS makes them to Surefire's specs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Monty,

IIRC, ARMS makes them to Surefire's specs.

Just wondering.....

I know that ARMS doesn't actually make everything they sell.  Like alot of companies...
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine should arrive from Grant this afternoon.  I cant wait to get this thing installed!!!

I have spent a lot of money at G&R.  I can say that not only have I received top quality parts at the best prices around, but I have also found a guy with the level of customer service and knowledge that is so far above the competition its unbelievable.  

Grant has spent days emailing back and forth with me talking about $10 parts before.  Try that with another company and see where you get.

Brian
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:45:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Mine should arrive from Grant this afternoon.  I cant wait to get this thing installed!!!

I have spent a lot of money at G&R.  I can say that not only have I received top quality parts at the best prices around, but I have also found a guy with the level of customer service and knowledge that is so far above the competition its unbelievable.  

Grant has spent days emailing back and forth with me talking about $10 parts before.  Try that with another company and see where you get.

Brian

No doubt!  I have done business with Grant before and I have received nothing but excellent service and products!  Grant and G@R will certainly be getting more of money in the future...
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Grant, they have crawdadded on that claim of FF.  I even got an email from a tech stating they had mis-spoken.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#19]
LMFAO!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Ill take the firsh over the surefire system any day the only disadvantage was the installation, are the rails and the ff tube one piece on the sf system
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:33:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ill take the firsh over the surefire system any day the only disadvantage was the installation, are the rails and the ff tube one piece on the sf system

It depends on the project application. IMHO, a free-floating system on a CQB or non-target AR isn't really needed. One advantage a two-piece system like the Surefire has over a one piece tube like the FIRSH, is if you plan on building an AR with a 14.5" barrel and permanently attached FS (which is what I'm throwing together). With the pinned/sliver soldered FS, any one piece rail system is pretty much permanent also (unless you break or grind the FS off).
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Can you possibly get some up close pics of the rails and the cuts?  That was the biggest issue with the one I looked at, it had flash from the casting process.  

I might be borrowing a friends digital camera some time this week. If so, I'll get some pictures up. However, for right now I can say that the M73 I  received has no flashings or tool marks and the rail cuts are crisp and even. The black parkerized finish is really nice.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I might be borrowing a friends digital camera some time this week. If so, I'll get some pictures up. However, for right now I can say that the M73 I  received has no flashings or tool marks and the rail cuts are crisp and even. The black parkerized finish is really nice.

Ditto with mine: no flashing or tool marks of any kind.  The parkerized finish is perfect.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#25]
One of my local shops has 9 or 10 sitting in stock.  They all seem to be VERY well made, and do not show flashing or any other flaws.

I'm still trying to figure what this will do better than the YHM.  My question is simply because the YHM is available much cheaper to me, and aligns with the upper rail.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top