Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2003 6:08:18 PM EDT
Anyone know how much one of these bad boys cost?  I just read the artice on it in Combat Tactics and it got me wondering how much out of sheer curiosity.  I bet a fortune since SF is really proud of there stuff.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Since SF is located in the PRK, I doubt the can will ever be available for individual sales.  BTW.  The article, and the whole SF magalog, smelled a little fishy to me.  Not that i wouldn't like to see the unit released to the public.  I would love to be able to put one thorugh the paces myself and not rely on the clearly biased article to tell me what it can and cannot do.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
PRK?  What about law enforcement do you think we could get one?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
PRK?  What about law enforcement do you think we could get one?
View Quote

California...People's Republic of Kalifornia.  As far as LEO, that is a good question.  I would assume they would only let you purchase one with a department approval if at all.  Which means you have to get your department to approve the purchase and have a written statement stating such.  More likely, they would make your department purchase it for official use.  

Being an LEO still doesn't entitle you, unfortunately, to purchase a restricted item for personal use and I doubt a dept. would authorize such a purchase for personal use either.  The best thing to do is both contact Surefire to see what their policy is and to ask your dept. supervisor what its policy is.  

That being said, the SF can is, as yet, unproven.  I wouldn't believe all the hype of the article until independent use and testing had confirmed any or all its claims.  There ae plenty of suppressors out ther that are great performers, proven, and available for private purchase.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
They way I understood the law was anyone could buy a can as long as they met the ATF's stuff and paid the $200 stamp.  So why would my dept have to purchase it?  I guess I will just email SF and see.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They way I understood the law was anyone could buy a can as long as they met the ATF's stuff and paid the $200 stamp.  So why would my dept have to purchase it?  I guess I will just email SF and see.
View Quote

The problem isn't with suppressors itself.  It is with the fact that California law prohibits such restricted items manufactured within their state to be sold to individuals.  Suppressors made in California have to be sold to Mil/Gov't/LE entities and not individuals.  Suppressors made elsewhere in the country are generally available for public sale.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
OK now I understand.... It just took you spelling it out for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top