Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2003 9:45:31 PM EDT
When you want to purchase a lower receiver, its considered by law a whole new gun and they make you go through all new paper work on it right. I cant remember if its the upper or the lower that you have to go through this with.  I have to keep track of that type of stuff, ESPECIALLY living in california with all these idiot gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
When refering to AR type rifles, it is the Lower.

And since you are in California, you can only get that fixed mag one or "single" shot DPMS....

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks much kal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When you want to purchase a lower receiver, its considered by law a whole new gun and they make you go through all new paper work on it right. I cant remember if its the upper or the lower that you have to go through this with.  I have to keep track of that type of stuff, ESPECIALLY living in california with all these idiot gun laws.
View Quote

Your only option in Kali is the [url=gogogadgets.net]FAB-10[/url].
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks notack. Ive seen those before.  I think they are an abomination and make a mockery of the AR-15.(thanks alot stupid california lawmakers).  Luckily its an UPPER receiver that im going to get.  I have a 20" barrel and I want to buy a 16" so I can change it out to a shorty every once in a while for variety.  I was just making sure that it wasnt the upper that I would have to go through all the crap with.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Easy to remember.  The part with the serial number is the "firearm."  Everything else is just parts.

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top