Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 7:29:56 PM EDT
Can any one speak to the quality of Model 1's products?  I spoke to the sales person on the phone about who makes their parts.  I was told their barrels are made by Shaw.  As for the rest of the parts, the lady could only say they were made by "FN" contractors (don't know what that means).  I pressed her as to which companies that would be and she either did not know or would not say.  I want to make certain I am buying quality items, not junk.
Are Shaw barrels good?
What about Model 1s uppers?
I am looking for a plinker, no serious competition.  

I am interested in having a 223 upper and a 7.62 X 39 upper (the later is how I found Model 1-they are one of the few companies that offer the  X39 caliber).
Thanks for your wisdom.  Rick
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Ricky --

When someone like Model-1 or a seller at a gunshow table says their parts are "FN" what they really mean is they have "no FN idea" who made them.

You can maybe save a hundred dollars buying cheap parts.  How long they function is another thing.  

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top