Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2003 1:08:48 PM EDT
might be old news to some of you guys but these Oberland arms trigger guards are a VERY nice finishing touch to the AR, aesthetically and functionally.  i just replaced all my standard ones with these.  they follow the lines of the rifle well and all edges are rounded.  i got them from larry at buffertech.
pics and more info here:
www.militarymorons.com/weapons/weapons.1.html#guard (username and password are both 'mm' to view full size pics).
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Oberland lower - very nice fit and some rather interesting features - captives pins on the takedown/pivot pins.
Especially nice when changing stocks

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Kevin,

Would you kindly post some pic's of your Oberland Arms lower?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Thanks,

Josh
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
i haven't seen the receivers in person but from pics they sure look nice.  i haven't seen any available in the U.S. - are they?
yeah kev - show us piccies!
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I will get pic ASAP

- Jan 5th soonest as am visiting family for Christmas leave.

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:25:56 AM EDT
[#5]
KevinB, what are your overall impressions of these CNC milled receivers and stainless parts (safety, mag & bolt release)? Any pros/cons compared to forged receivers?

Here are two OA pictures:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=152703[/url]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I swapped out the stainless parts from mine, so I cant comment - It looked goofy and I figured there was not need for them so off they went. You can see some light machine marks on the outside of the upper - but it is very nice.

I only got it due to the fact it is very hard these days to get lowers in Canada for a reasonable price these days.  The US State Dept has once again started to let some come in again - so this was alieved to an extent but the timeframe of orders from Europe is much easier (2 weeks - as opposed to 6-9 months - so much for NAFTA I guess)

I kinda stocked up on lowers this year out of concern that the Cdn Gov't would try to ban AR's up here soon - so I figure I need at least 10+ to keep ahead of the bug - resultign from that I have not fired this lower at all (only got it in Nov relax).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top