Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2003 8:39:15 AM EDT
I have always been a Colt/Bushy preban guy, but am considering (for reasons that I won't go into here) buying my first complete post-ban 'aftermarket' rifle.

I was curious about the overall quality of the RRA guns and how happy people were with them.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, first I have to qualify the "complete rifles" thing.  I ordered the RRA lower (complete with A2 stock and 2 stage match trigger) through an FFL from RRA.  I used it with a different upper for a while.  I then decided I wanted to shoot hipower style.  I contacted RRA and discussed my experience and needs and they built a hipower DCM match upper for me to put on my RRA lower.

The end result is a rifle that shoots very well, has never malfunctioned, and looks great.  I found the RRA people to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

I would recommend their rifles and them as a company as I also had a different experience regarding service issue (when installing one of their triggers in anothher rifle) and they were outstanding in response.

A+++++
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The reason why I am asking is that they are the only people that I know of selling an 18" barrel on a complete rifle kit (although it is stainless).

[url]http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1500&storeid=1&image=rva4.gif[/url]

I appreciate the input.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#3]
ive never read anything bad about rra , thats what made my decision easy. contact rbprecision.com they can get anything rra makes for alot less than rra.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
For reasons too complicated to go into, my M4gery, while starting out as a mixed brand rifle, ended up being a complete RR piece, except for some Colt innards. Their uppers, lowers, barrels, and stock parts are just fine, as good as anything else out there.  Their small parts, LIKE ALL THE REST OF THE AFTERMARKET, is spotty; which is why all my ARs have mostly Colt innards, including bolts and carriers.

Having said that, RR does as good a job as anyone else w/the working parts. To me that means that about 95% of them are fine, with about 5% being sub par
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a RRA lower for under 200.00 and ordered a 16 inch upper for 370.00

A top notch bargain AR at 570.00 try to beat it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked up a Rock River Varminter with a 24" ss barrel. When I do my part it will shot dime-size 5 shot group at 100 yds. I am very happy with this rifle, the fit and finish is first class and the trigger is very crisp and light. I am very happy with this rifle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I sold my Colt and DPMS because my RRA rifles outperformed them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell yes!

What sailor40 said, but a 20"er.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:05:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a RRA Midlength chrome lined upper from ADCO. Works great with my Oly lower. Havent shot it that much, though
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Have a RRA CAR A4 that I purchased back in June from Steve at ADCO. Have not had one malfunction with over 3000 rounds through it since then. Fit and finish are top notch.

Check with Steve at ADCO as his prices where the best (at least for what I wanted then).

You won't be disappointed in your choice of RRA. Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I have three RRA AR15's (Nat Match and two carbines) bought direct from the factory.
The weapons are excellent, and the company is very good to deal with.
I wouldn't consider any other brand.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#12]
have had my RRA non chrome barrel 16 inch m4gery w/tac handle 100% RR except for added muzzle break for over 2 years. no problems I can get on bench 1/2" MOA @ 100yards with my aimpoint and I am not a good shot at all. built by gunsmoke 2 years ago or so had a bad barrel out of the box they replaced (their fault not RRA) paid a little more than most at the time but for my first AR I wanted it built for me.

lovin' it still and it does me good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top