Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2003 7:08:56 AM EDT
I have a 11.5" with a 5.5" flash hider preban AR-15. I have been having some jamming issues. At times it even seems like it tries to load two rounds at once. First thing I thought was it was the mags as I aquired some new ones here lately. But they function just fine in my other AR's. So I started to think it may be with the Gas system. I also read a post once about a thing called the "pigtail" and I found it one the Brownwells website. Does this help? Has anyone utilized one? $99 for a gas tube seems excessive to me, but if it works well then? For what it is worth, it seems I only have problems when I do rapid fire drills. Others have suggested new extractor springs? Suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
. Others have suggested new extractor springs? Suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks
View Quote

The extractor spring is a good place to start, and it's less than $5 for a heavy duty one.  You can try a new buffer spring, buffer and / or a heavier bolt carrier too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know a good supplier to get Extractor springs from?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
A good read for shorty owners

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=153425[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anyone know a good supplier to get Extractor springs from?
View Quote

Brownell's carries the Wolff Heavy Duty springs in a 3 pack.  Sawlesales sells their version for $5 each.

[url]www.brownells.com[/url]
[url]http://www.specializedarmament.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I read that other article and it brought up some good points. I think now that it may be a combination. First I am going to get a new extractor spring and try that first (being the easiest and cheapest). But it may be short stroking too? Sometimes the brass won't make it all the way out. Which in my mind could mean extractor or short stoking? I will try the one round method as well and see if the bolt is locking back. Opening the gas port seems like a real chore?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
FAT BOY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top