Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2003 3:54:20 PM EDT
I am in the process of puechasing and heving expoerted to my home in New Zealand a 20 inch RRA Varmint rifle. What sort of accuracy do other members expect I should get. Whats the quality of the product like. Here in NZ AR's are a restricted rifle since 1989 so even 10 year old second hand ones go for 2500 US$ (A1 type) and 3000 -5000 US$ for A2's
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Very accurate.  This is from a RRA 16" varmint.

[IMG]http://webpages.charter.net/lousar/pictures/5shotgroup.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Go ahead and try to find someone that doesn't like theirs.  Go ahead, I dare ya.[:D]

[daily RRA varminter plug]Wonderfully accurate and reliable guns.  You won't be disappointed.  I have a 20" Varminter, and I get accuracy similar to what KY23 gets, and it is uber reliable.  Buy with confidence[:)][/daily RRA varminter plug]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
RodeoFan is a very modest guy.  Most of his groups were 3/4"........yes, not from a bench, but with a $130 scope and off the back of a truck.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=171112[/url]

Dave S
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Many thanks as I don't want to buy a lemon. Now more valuable advise is required from members. Is it best to go for an EOP or Standard Upper. I plan to have 2 different sight systems and switch between a Red Dot type for IPSC competition and Vari-Power Scope for furry things like rabbits, goats, pigs, deer etc. You may be interested to know we have no such thing as closed seasons here, no game tags to buy and no bag limits. As long as you have permission to shoot on a propety you can shoot however many of whatever game you like. For example 2 years ago I went Rabbit shooting and over 4 days we shot approx 3500 of them. We have annual 24hr Easter Bunny shoot and its not uncommon for 70,000 to 100,000 combined total to be shot by the competitors.
NZ Guns
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the standard upper.  The EOP puts the optics too high in my opinion.  If you are going to put a scope on yours get the one piece scope mount that RRA sells.  I think its $30.  Its a good mount and very solid.  

Here is a pic of my 16" RRA rifle with a RRA scope mount and a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 mounted.

[IMG]http://webpages.charter.net/lousar/pictures/Camo1.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you shoot 55gr ammo outa these with any accuracy at all, or would I be wasting my $$ if I'm a cheap-a$$ and only want to shoot GA Arms canned heat?  [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top