Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 12:36:11 AM EDT
So, after reading many of these SIR threads floating around here (especially that one by Hawkeye, when he first built his), I took the plunge, and ordered some stuff!

With my wallet over $1700 lighter, here's what is on the way:

Bushmaster Dissapator A3 upper (fluted)
Ace Skeleton Stock
ARMS #59 (civilian)
ARMS #40 BUIS
EO Tech #552 holosight
Single Point sling and mount

Pics to follow when I get it all assembled.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds awesome! Keep us updated [:D]

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:20:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Between all my friends and folks I've built rifles for, I really haveto try and get a picture together that has all the SIR systems! The only one I've never worked with is the mid-length #58.

The #59 is great.. you'll love it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Upon checking my email when I got back home from the det I was on, it would seem that everything but the ARMS parts are on the way....

Anxiously watching the calender.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Got my EoTech today, along with my Single Point Sling from thewilderness.com

I get my upper on the 30th.

Still waiting on the ARMS stuff.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Great selections, you can't go wrong with quality gears [:)] The only thing I'm curious about is the Ace stock.  I'd sooner stick with a full A2 stock if I couldn't have a retractable one, IMHO the Ace stock is of dubious utility on an AR.  This is not anything against Ace, I had one of their folding stocks on my ZM back in 2001 when few had heard of them, and I'll have another one on my HK21 when it's ready, but on an AR....what purpose does it serve?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm willing to try it out. Personally, I have no problem with the A2 stock I have on now, since I'm big enough that I don't need to shorten up the stock to get a proper "nose to handle" cheek weld.
I mean, how hard is it to change out the stock, anyway? ;)
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#7]
It's here! Shown here mounted up, EoTech on, with the old upper above it. (click for a bigger picture)

[url=http://www2.whidbey.net/9diesel/pictures/dissy.jpg][img]http://www2.whidbey.net/9diesel/pictures/dissy_small.jpg[/img][/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top