Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2003 7:40:54 AM EDT
Hello everyone I was just curious if anyone had any info about this rail system by tdiarms.  You can view it at www.tdi-arms.com .  Overall it looks like a nice unit but I'm curious if anyone has seen one up close?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
i would also like to know. Looks like a good system
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm, interesting... kind of a backwards Ras II, Israeli huh??  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone look at the rest of their toys? There is some goffy stuff but there is also some cool stuff to.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, looks like a backwards RAS II.
Doesn't appear to be free-floated either.

I'd like to know what the deal is on the Glock Window Breaker?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I'm at a loss to figure out how its "free floating" if it mounts on the front site. I can't tell if that's where it does mount; there isn't much info or larger photos.  The delta ring still appears like a normal one.  

Sure, the handguard/rail area don't touch the barrel, but wouldn't that negate its effectiveness if it mounts to the sight, which is integrated to the barrel... [whacko] I'm lost.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
too much guess work, give me KAC or DD FF handguards instead [:d]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Based on the shape of the section that faces the delta ring, it looks like it inserted into the delta ring like standard HG (it looks like you can spread that section around the barrel nut then tightenned with the screw) then held in place by the front sight attachement. I don't see any mention of freefloating the barrel, it says a "floating" foregrip. There is a larger pic if you click on the right one.

Interesting products
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting

[img]http://www.tdi-arms.com/_Uploads/7x6aB.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.tdi-arms.com/_uploads/imagesgallery/85x6_front.jpg[/img]

Nice avatar Kisara...LOL.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy swiss cheese Batman, look at that lower photo!  [:O] Imagine that with a Vltor.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Dunno, it looks kinda nice.
Lightweight, well ventilated and from the pic the 1913 rails appear to be in spec. Nothing to get in the way of the flattop.

Don't know if it's in the same league as KAC or ARMS but it looks like it sure as hell will give POF a run for their money.

Evaluations?[:D]

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:42:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess the pretty much precludes the use of a PRI flip up front sight or any low profile gas block, if the handguards have to be secured via the FSB.  It looks like un upside down RAS, in that the lower holds 3 sides and the upper just one, the opposite of KAC RAS.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#12]
That's a good point.  Maybe these little rails along the sides of the front sight will block your view through optics even more than the FSt alone.  I think NewArguy and Hawkeye should obtain one for review (and painting camo...)
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#13]
THEY ARE STRETCHING THE TRUTH A LOT WITH THE, "‘floating’ fore grip." IT CONNECTS TO THE SIGHT, SO IT'S NOT FLREE FLOATING. IT CONNECTS TO THE DELTA RING SO IT'S NOT FREE FLOATING. IT DOESN'T FREE FLOAT. IT MAY BE A "FLOATING FOREGRIP" IF IT DOESN'T SINK WHEN YOU TOSS IT IN THE WATER.

I DON'T THINK IT'S ANYTHING OTHER THAN A GIMMICK FOR ALL THE MALL NINJAS.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Its not cut to take KAC panels either...

I wouldnt call it a gimick or mall-ninja gear.  Its Israeli.  They probably figured out the Samco handguards their guys are seen with a total crap, and they can afford to get ass raped with the Government toilet seat prices standard KAC RASs go for.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's a good point.  Maybe these little rails along the sides of the front sight will block your view through optics even more than the FSt alone.  I think NewArguy and Hawkeye should obtain one for review (and painting camo...)
View Quote

[shock]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top