Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 12:03:06 PM EDT
I guess thats what you call it.  The only tool to tighten a collapsable stock nut.  Anybody have a suggested source who supports the board, or old one laying around they could part with?  Paypal?  My cheap ass is trying to save $2 to go toward my next $2000 project.  How ironic.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are talking about a castle nut wrench, I got mine from Bushmaster.  Not sure if they are considered to be a board supporter, but they do have a moderated industry forum.  Shipping will probably kill you though, if that is all you want.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on what type of nut you have. I have seen two different types. One style just had one or two holes in it for a spanner wrench to grip into. Then there are the castle nuts. You can probably find both types of wrenches from dealers in AR parts and tools. If your really cheap you could pad the jaws of a pair of channel lock type or vise grip type pliars and tighten with that. See if that will tighten the nut enough.
Just thought of another possibility. How about trying a small strap wrench?  Depends on how inventive you want to get.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If you promise to mail it back to me.  I'll loan you one.  Email me with your address and I'll put one in an envelope and drop it in the mail.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the heavy duty ones with the barrel nut wrench on one end, telestock wrench on the other.  But since I overtightened last time, stripping the threads on the stock tube and scratching up the nut, I just used a small Sears "strap wrench" (after I replaced the tube and nut of course).  Then just to make sure, I tried to move it a bit with the stock wrench, and it didn't budge.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
be sure to get a good one from a reputable company. I got an 'el cheapo poorly cast one from the G. show for $4-damn tooth busted right off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the offers and advice.  Gotta leave early for a little 6 month trip, so my project will be on hold.  Don't worry, I'll still have net access to bug you guys.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top