Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 10:00:22 PM EDT
I know, there is no logic here, its just the stupid ill-informed laws...but anyway, what do you think a manufacturer could get past the BATF?
I think the day of the adjustable stock is here (not only because of body armor; people are just too different for a one-size-fits all stock); those of unfortunate to own post-ban ARs would like to have the most useful configurations also.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, to be "adjustable" you need tools to "adjust" it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
So if we made a look-alike telestock that adjusted as you turned a screw (like the adjustable buttplates), you think that would pass the BATF?

BoB
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:42:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
IIRC, to be "adjustable" you need tools to "adjust" it.
View Quote

Following that line of thinking a telestock that had an allen bolt & threaded position holes rather than the spring loaded release lever & pin would be legal.  How come none of the AR manufacturers have offered such a post-ban "adjustable" stock?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The people at Fulton Armory have a "Guardian Buttstock with adjustable buttplate" that I was interested in, and I was wondering the preban/postban issues on it.  

Their answer was: "At this point it is our position that this item is equipped with an adjustable buttplate and therefore is not a collapsible buttstock."

Now they are not the ATF, but this buttstock seems to be a "grey area" stock that, if truly postban, would be of great interest to me.

My two cents.  Thanks for the interesting converstaion.  Will check back for updates.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Troy,

Fulton Armory sells the adjustable buttplate on an entry-length (not full-length) stock and advertises that as post-ban compliant.  

Comments?

-z
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Make a pre-ban collapsible stock into a post-ban?
Drill and tap a hole in the underside of the tube, slather it in epoxy, then installed the plastic butt and screw it in.  Wipe off the excess epoxy and let it dry.

To make it collapsible again you'd definitely have to destroy the plastic and maybe get away w/o destroying the tube.  Wouldn’t that qualify as a post-ban stock?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm interested in this as well.  Somebody must know for sure.  I am most comfortable in all shooting positions when shooting from the notch before fully extended.  Afull length makes me feel to far from the sights and an "entry" stock makes me too bunched up.  If there is a legal way to fix it in that position, I would do it.  Of course, we shouldn't have to ask all these questions.  Come on Sept 04.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#9]
high-ground,

If you want a fixed stock just a little shorter than the standard A2 stock, try the A1 length stock - it's about 5/8" shorter.  Cavalry arms them as the "C1" stock for about $40 and it's a straight swap with a factory A2 stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top