Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 12:07:07 PM EDT
I acquired a DOE upper for my M16 but as of yet, have not used it - its brand new and I didn't want to ruin the value just to "try it out".  

Does anyone out there have any experience with that upper on an M16 and if so, what good and/or bad do you have to report on it. I had a couple of people say that they were extremely accurate little suckers and well worth the money.  If so, then I would definitly want to use it.  What do you think?????
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say try it out as guns were made to be used.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I've run about 4,000 rounds through mine.It has functioned flawlessly the entire time. I feed it IMI subsonic or the "HOT" hirtenburger machine gun ammo. Mine for some reason tends to be a little more accurate in daily use than my HK's of the same overall length. That said it is no match for my HK 94 or sw5. It takes some time to master the art of controlling muzzle climb on the little beast, but once achieved it is really cool to impress your buddies.The muzzle blast at twilight is just like in the movies. I feel a vertical foregrip is a must, or if you really plan on shooting it alot without a vertical grip, replace the triangular handguards with a round version. It's important to note that as much as I love mine it really is only functionally accurate  within 50 yards and at its' best at 25yds. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
A question about the handguard - where can you find a replacement handguard that fits the short DOE upper?  Also, what type of vertical foregrip & mount are you using or recommend.  I appreciate the information.

Thanks!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
They use the same handguard as the M231.  But they are brittle.  Go with the rail system cut just for the R0633.  Someone had them on the EE awhile ago.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
[email protected] is making "M4DOE" uppers that are sweet![url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=174897&w=searchPop[/url]
Mike also did the custom barrel on my 9mm SBR He Does top notch work! Heck of a nice guy too!.....Underdog
[img]HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~masine/nina.JPG[/img]
Edited for pic
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Are the M4DOE uppers shipping yet?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They use the same handguard as the M231.  But they are brittle.  Go with the rail system cut just for the R0633.  Someone had them on the EE awhile ago.  
View Quote

Any sources for the M231 handguards?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top