Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2003 4:55:08 PM EDT
Given the current threads about painted rifles, I thought I'd post these.

I didn't take these, but I think they're very helpful. They were taken by Military Moron.

"I just took a pic (not in daylight unfortunately) of the TD green grip, and the vltor green and brown stocks for comparison.  the TD and vltor stocks aren't really a lime green, but the TD is closer to sage.  the vltor green is just a bit greener than OD, but still not lime.  it's definitely a dark green. i took the pics with a flight suit as the background, a kifaru pouch and a strider knife sheath for comparison as i'm sure you're familiar with those colours."

Thanks to USMC03 for sharing.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Who makes the bottem left stock? The OD green...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Who makes the bottem left stock? The OD green...
View Quote

[url]www.vltor.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to Military Moron for the pics and thanks to Lancelot for posting them  [;)]

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Great website...thanks Wipeout!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks to Military Moron for the pics and thanks to Lancelot for posting them  [;)]
View Quote

no prob, usmc.  however, this is a great example of how difficult it is to get a true colour representation from photographs (which is why i included other items which people might be familiar with). they really look different under daylight and incandescent light.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Wes,
 Did you paint those KAC RAS panels or did they come that way? Do yo carry the tan RAS panels?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#8]
MM and Lancelot, thanks for the efoort, it helps, and was a good idea.  Amazing how different the 2 "Coyotes" look from pic. to pic.

All concerned, KAC, TD, Vltor, Cav etc.   we're paying attention, how about 1 page?

/S2
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Making Wes's link live...

[img]www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/mstn/Tanshorty.JPG[/img]

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Wes,

Looks great....How does the Rustoleum compare to the Krylon and Aluma-Hyde?? (ie. how does it stand up to wear, bonding to the plastic, etc.)

I've got a couple cans of Rustoleum but have not used them as a base coat because I couldn't find the colors that I wanted in Rustoleum...I've had good luck with the Rustoleum on metal products, but have limited use of it on plastics...

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:47:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wes,
 Did you paint those KAC RAS panels or did they come that way? Do yo carry the tan RAS panels?
View Quote

txswat,

I'm not Wes, but I'm pretty sure that he painted them....If you look at the little metal piece of the pannel that locks the RAS pannel onto the rail...On the RAS colored pannels the metal locking tabs are black in color, it looks like Wes painted the entire pannel.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Wes,

Name that upper. Is that a 10.5" upper?
FF RAS - what length/model?
Dieter forward grip?

I know it's the LMT sight. Do you have any of the SPR grips in stock?

Thanks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top