Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2003 6:56:55 AM EDT
my TD vert grip has been on order for a month and a half. i know they are getting them out to the troops, but i have a trip coming up in a week and need one more vert grip before i go. is the KAC vert grip the next best thing or is there something else?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
GG&G also makes a good vert grip.  I do think both KAC and GG&G are tops on my list.  Dieter has an aluminium vert grip which are popular with a lot o=users but I don't really like it.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Dieter. Available from MSTN.

[img]http://www.coloradoshooting.org/mlar%201.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
i forgot about GGG. i don't want aluminum. it'll get way too hot in texas and way too cold in michigan. probably too heavy also.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#6]
i personally like the GG&G better than the Tango Down. Both excellent though. Your choice
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#7]
just ordered a GG&G. i hope i dig it. i'm still bummed about not having a TD grip.

any word on when they will ship?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I talked with Denny at Denny's Guns about their post on the EE, yesterday (12/10). He said that the VFG's were to arrive on/after the 15th.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'LL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE TD GRIP.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]
i have this funny feeling that once you get the GGG grip you will be more than satisfied with it. Water proof container just like the TD grip and IMO looks much better. More classy and balanced look when it's on the gun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i have this funny feeling that once you get the GGG grip you will be more than satisfied with it. Water proof container just like the TD grip and IMO looks much better. More classy and balanced look when it's on the gun.
View Quote

That water proof container was design by the guys at Tango Down before they dump the entire idea. GG&G pick up the ball and ran with the container design after TD decided to go with a whole new grip design that is the vertical you see today.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Anyone have a pic of the GG&G?  Isnt it similar to the KAC?

I prefer the classic look of the KAC myself, but it really isnt all that strong; which isnt necessarily a bad thing because if I hit my vert grip hard enough to break it, id rather take it out than bend a rail or something.

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
[IMG]http://208.16.99.27/cmmg_images/tbl_images/FrontPAge/M16.jpg[/IMG]

This is it. It has the classic look like the KAC grip, but it is more advanced. I don't believe the KAC has a water tight compartment like the GG&G. GG&G actually makes a water tight tube for the KAC grip, but might as well get their grip instead.

[img]http://www.gggaz.com/images/VerticalForegrip_Waterproof/body.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.gggaz.com/images/VerticalForegrip_Waterproof/complete.jpg[/img]
Vertical foregrips, have recently leaped into prominence once again in military, law enforcement and civilian arenas. When attached to a compact, shoulder mounted tactical firearm they provide the operator with several important advantages from substantially diminishing muzzle climb during burst-fire sequences to simply offering a more comfortable shooting stance.

The Improved GG&G Vertical Foregrip is now manufactured with a waterproof compartment in the core of the vertical foregrip. This compartment is now large enough to hold two 3V Lithium batteries or two 1.5 N batteries or two AA batteries as shown in the above photograph. It will also accommodate firing pins, ejectors, extractors or other small replacement parts for your weapon system. Unlike other foregrips in the market place which are molded from plastic, all parts of the GG&G Vertical Foregrip are CNC machined from solid black Acetal cold polymer and most importantly are MADE IN AMERICA. The waterproof compartment is accessed by an “O” ring sealed cap which has an easy to use coin slot for tightening or loosening. This rugged vertical foregrip is 4.5" in length and 1.250" in diameter. A separate “O” ring seals the threaded core from the environment. PN GGG-1169N $53.50

GG&G is also manufacturing the threaded center core with the waterproof compartment as a separate item. It will fit the vertical foregrip previously sold by GG&G. PN GGG-1170 $30.00 In addition, we manufacture a threaded core with a waterproof compartment to fit the Knight’s Armament molded plastic vertical foregrip. PN GGG-1171 $30.00
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That water proof container was design by the guys at Tango Down before they dump the entire idea. GG&G pick up the ball and ran with the container design after TD decided to go with a whole new grip design that is the vertical you see today.
View Quote

1st ARMS, now TD, they've a habit of that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had an used a lot of these grips. The only ones I still own and use are the Surefire M900 and the Dieter. I'd like to get a Tango Down when they become available, but the Surefire and Dieter grips are simply phenominal!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Hi,
I have a GG&G grip. It is rock solid. Best thing about it, it was free thanks to FDCC last August.
John
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:13:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've had an used a lot of these grips. The only ones I still own and use are the Surefire M900 and the Dieter. I'd like to get a Tango Down when they become available, but the Surefire and Dieter grips are simply phenominal!
View Quote

Neil. I just ordered a RAS for my M4 and was about to ask you which ones of these you liked when I saw this thread. I guess I got my answer.
M4REAL
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#20]
DSA sells a very solid aluminum foregrip that I have been very happy with.  

[url]http://www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=FFG&storeid=1&image=vertgrips.gif[/url]

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~martinmayhem/images/DSC01254.JPG[/img]

edited to add picture
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:52:51 AM EDT
[#21]
how does the ggg grip mount to the rail? i see the dieter grip uses bolts which makes a quick removal difficult. i dig the kac and the TD since no tools are required to install and remove them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
how does the ggg grip mount to the rail? i see the dieter grip uses bolts which makes a quick removal difficult. i dig the kac and the TD since no tools are required to install and remove them.
View Quote

The waterproof insert on the GG&G is the part of the grip that adjust to fit to the rail. There is a small plastic stud that pushes up against the rail. If this stud is placed between the slots of a rail, it will help secure the grip and prevent it from moving up or down the rail.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#23]
so it is similar to the kac mount. thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#26]
TangoDown vertical grips shipped on 12/18/03 via USPS.  They're rock solid and I hope you enjoy!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I just ordered one from Denny's Guns a few minutes ago.  I thought these things would NEVER hit the market!  It's such a shame that I left my AR15 in my apartment though...  I'll have to wait until January to try it out [banghead]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top