Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 4:28:08 PM EDT
Just got this from Bigbore(THANKS!!). Im using it to advertise this new item online and at FT Bragg. I Couldnt belive the look and worksmanship that went into this thing.It looks great!!. Hats off to ADCO and the maker of this fine item.
       FREE

Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
hey that looks great!  Did ya have to recontour your barrel for the collar?  I'm gonna get the brake, the FF RAS covers the part where the collar would go on mine anyway.  Does the brake use the same thread specs as an A2 suppressor?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!! and no I didnt do anything to the barrel but I had to pull out the Dremel and grind out 1/32" of the inside diameter of the collar for it to fit(it took 10 mins no biggie)I must have an odd barrel. The brake threaded on like a lugnut at a Nascar race. The crush washer allowed it to line up perfectly. Im very happy with it. It is an excellnt product and thanks to ADCO for hooking me up with it. Would I suggest it? hell yea! it looked better than I could have ever imagined and you can see by the pics.
           FREE

Quoted:
hey that looks great!  Did ya have to recontour your barrel for the collar?  I'm gonna get the brake, the FF RAS covers the part where the collar would go on mine anyway.  Does the brake use the same thread specs as an A2 suppressor?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered one [:d] I saw his post on the brake and collar a while back but until recently I had no need for one.  I think it's kind of pricy, but it does look very nice.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't this same exact thread already on the "AR discussions" forum?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea you need to build one.  The SPR kicks ass! everybody should have one.
    FREE
[img]http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL16/709417/1822696/40107998.jpg[/img]

Quoted:

Isn't this same exact thread already on the "AR discussions" forum?
View Quote

Its like a kid showing off his new toy, who can blame him :-)

He actually has me wanting to build one up for display. I have all the parts here except the gas block and the barrel. Since I now have all the specs for the barrel those will be along shortly!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:20:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Does your lonely KAC FS need a new home now?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I've watched this baby take shape the last few months.  Good job.  Dare I say that your SPR is...complete?  I can't see anything else it needs!  Side sling adapter?  Dr Optic on top?  Any more plans?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey that looks nice. I bought one of these and it works quite well. I have paid for a troy industries brake collar and thread protector over a month ago but they tell me it will be a while yet before they get them built and shipped soo... I went with the ADCO version. I "figgered" Why sit around and wait for a real OPS that I will have to pay twice as much for that I will NOT (at least for quite some time) be able to buy a suppressor for. At least with the troy brake I can put in the paper work and BUY one of their suppressors. In the mean time the ADCO brake will work just fine. It is not objectionable at all to shoot like most muzzle brakes. Yours looks like it was out of a latter batch than mine as the front edge of mine is quite rounded off. All in all it looks good. Are you using 22 med rings or High rings? I am in a dilemma as I am using low rings on a GG&G scout rail. I am considering going to high rings and mounting the front ring in the last notch on the RAS. The reason I am toying with this is eventually I want to put a PVS 14 behind my Leupold and want to move the scope even further forward. So it's change rings or mount a 1/2-inch riser block further down the RAS for the front 22 Low ring to attach to. Decisions decisions...

IPSC_GUY sends

P.S. You at Bragg? I am just down the Road at Lejune. Do you ever shoot three gun matches?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in the planning stages of an SPR project as well.  I'm planning to use 22high rings.  One aft and one on the FFRAS.  Seems solid enough.  If not I'll run it like Free and cheekweld further back.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks and yes the FH is for sale($45) you get 1st dibs let me know. Well she wont be getting anything new till tax time. I think she will be getting a side sling adapter,pod lock and a ARMS bipod adapter. After all this she will be done, no DR Optics for her my Optima will stay on top of my ACOG.
        FREE

Quoted:
I've watched this baby take shape the last few months.  Good job.  Dare I say that your SPR is...complete?  I can't see anything else it needs!  Side sling adapter?  Dr Optic on top?  Any more plans?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I am using the #22 high rings. Now as far as the mixing of rings thats a hard decision. if you had the PRI tube you could get the arms rail that attaches to the recevier and extends all the way to the end of the HG. them you could use the #22 low rings and all is well. What I would do is use the high rings move the scope forward and get a Army issue PVS14 mount. this way one ring would be attached to the receiver then one will be attached to the KAC RAS. Then the PVS14 will be attached using the army mount this puts the PVS14 a little farther back but it should be fine as the PVS14 requires verty little eye relief.          
           FREE

Quoted:
Hey that looks nice. I bought one of these and it works quite well. I have paid for a troy industries brake collar and thread protector over a month ago but they tell me it will be a while yet before they get them built and shipped soo... I went with the ADCO version. I "figgered" Why sit around and wait for a real OPS that I will have to pay twice as much for that I will NOT (at least for quite some time) be able to buy a suppressor for. At least with the troy brake I can put in the paper work and BUY one of their suppressors. In the mean time the ADCO brake will work just fine. It is not objectionable at all to shoot like most muzzle brakes. Yours looks like it was out of a latter batch than mine as the front edge of mine is quite rounded off. All in all it looks good. Are you using 22 med rings or High rings? I am in a dilemma as I am using low rings on a GG&G scout rail. I am considering going to high rings and mounting the front ring in the last notch on the RAS. The reason I am toying with this is eventually I want to put a PVS 14 behind my Leupold and want to move the scope even further forward. So it's change rings or mount a 1/2-inch riser block further down the RAS for the front 22 Low ring to attach to. Decisions decisions...

IPSC_GUY sends

P.S. You at Bragg? I am just down the Road at Lejune. Do you ever shoot three gun matches?
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top