Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 11:34:24 PM EDT
Will the KAC rail panel covers work with the DD FFRAS systems?

TIA!

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks much... I guess that means my next rail system will be a Daniel Defense :)

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
They usually come with panels though (of a different make than KAC)
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wait and see the new TangoDown rail panel, it is definitely worth the wait.  I should have some pictures in two month.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Cap'n,

I recently got a Daniel Defense 9.0 and put the KAC rail covers on it, the KAC rail covers work but the fit is a bit on the tight side....I should have the upper back today or tomarrow...I'll shoot some pics your way.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Chen, I only asked because I've got a metric ton of the panels now, and I prefer them to the Ergo panels. Any details on the TD panels?

USMC, thanks for the info :-) Pics would be awesome!

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Capn,

I'm also waiting for the Tango Down pannels...I talked to Jeff about them last week...but like you I've got a lot of the Knights pannels and perfer them over the Ergo pannels...

Well guess what the mail lady brought me today....BTW this is not a finished product, still waiting for my Surefire 961SU06, Daniel Defense Burned loop and Textrued Tango Down Battlegrip...

[img]http://www.coloradoshooting.org/mlar%204.jpg[/img]

if the pic doesn't work go here:

[url]http://www.coloradoshooting.org/mlar%204.jpg[/url]

The muzzle brake is one of EGW's new Generation 2 A2 muzzle brake (post ban compliant)

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]
USMC03,

We need to see pics of the whole gun.  That looks SWEET [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Lumpy,

Thanks for the complements.....I feel kind of odd showing the whole rifle because the project is not complete yet....Here's what I've done thus far and what still needs to be done along with the pics:

The barrel started off as a Armalite HBAR Midlength, I sent it down to Kurt's Kustom Firearms and had him take the barrel down to A2 countour under the hand guards. The rest of the rifle is Bushmaster.

I'm still waiting for the following itmes:

1) Surefire M961 (9 volt millenium with thumbscrew mount, which will be mounted at the 3 o'clock position-this is why there is an open space with no rail cover at the 3 o'clock position),.....

2) Daniel Defense single point sling plate,....

3) Tango Down TEXTURED Battlegrip (which will be painted with OD Green w/ Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II to match the rest of the rifle)...

Here is a run down of what the rifle has on it:

Bushmaster carbine with modified Armalite Midlength barrel

EGW Generation 2 A2 muzzle brake

Daniel Defense Free Float handguard

Dieter CQD foregrip

Trijicon TA31 ACOG

ARMS #19S ACOG Mount

ARMS #40 Back up iron sight

VLTOR A1 length clubfoot stock

[img]http://www.coloradoshooting.org/mlar%201.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.coloradoshooting.org/mlar%202.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.coloradoshooting.org/mlar%203.jpg[/img]

Enjoy.....

I've got a couple other projects that I'm finishing up, just waiting on gear from Surefire, Tango Down, and Daniel Defense and then I'll have 4 ARs that are "finished projects"

Hopefully my Colt LEO only M4 will arrive at work tomarrow  ;)

Stay safe

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Looking great so far 03 [;)]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Lumpy, she'll look much better once everything is done!  ;)

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Frankly, I just like the look of the Ergo style panels, to each his own.  What is the diff between the KAC and the TD panel?  TIA.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]
USMC, that's a very well thought out setup. How do you like the Dieter grip compared to the KAC?

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
3) Tango Down TEXTURED Battlegrip (which will be painted with OD Green w/ Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II to match the rest of the rifle)...
View Quote

hey USMC...TD will be making the textured grip in green in the near future, same colour as the non-textured ones which match the vltor and KAC green pretty well.  
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#15]
USMC03,
      How do you like that EGW muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
USMC, that's a very well thought out setup. How do you like the Dieter grip compared to the KAC?

-Cap'n
View Quote

Thanks for the complement....I've got the Dieter CQD grips going on 2 of my projects and the Tango Down vertical grip going on the other 3 projects.

I love the Dieter, it beats the KAC grip everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

The only down side to the Dieter is that the front side of the space for the tape switch doesn't feel too comfortable in a bare hand...When I'm running SWAT missions, shooting in classes and competition I wear gloves (generally the Hatch Operator or the nomex aviator style)...when wearing gloves there is no discomfort at all.  But then again I usually have a pretty firm grip on the foregrip, using it to push the rifle back into my shoulder.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

hey USMC...TD will be making the textured grip in green in the near future, same colour as the non-textured ones which match the vltor and KAC green pretty well.  
cheers,
MM
View Quote

MM,

I talked to Jeff last week and he told me the same thing...I started this project before VLTOR released their OD stock (which was a contributing factor)

The Green that VLTOR, TD, and KAC is using is closer to a lime green than an OD, and doesn't work to well here in Southern Colorado...The rest of the rifle has been done with OD Green Aluma-Hyde II, which turns out looking closer to a Sage Green (same color as the USGI flight suits) than a true OD....The Sage Green and Coyote work really good in my neck of the woods....I considered going with the TD, KAC, VLTOR (back when Eric was talking about making a OD stock in the same color that KAC uses) route, but their color was just too light.....Thanks for the head up though  ;-)

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
USMC03,
      How do you like that EGW muzzle brake?
View Quote

I have a lot more time on the 20" barrel version, which doesn't have the holes in the bottom and when shooting targets at 110 yards (using a TA11 ACOG) the muzzle brake is so effective that I never loose sight of the target in the scope...

The (2) 16" versions (with the holes on the bottom) are both on guns that are not completly finished (I just got the rifle back that you see above yesterday)....So I have limited trigger time with the 16" version muzzle brake, but I have shot around 20 rounds through the 16" version and it's as effective as the 20" version....Give it a few weeks, once all my projects are done, I'll get some trigger time on the guns, and I'll do a bunch of gear reviews on the 4 project guns that I have completed...Been working on them since August....

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Frankly, I just like the look of the Ergo style panels, to each his own.  What is the diff between the KAC and the TD panel?  TIA.
View Quote

TNRonin,

The Tango Down pannels have not been released yet...it's my understanding that they are in the pre-production stage right now, but production will begin shortly.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
MM,
... The Green that VLTOR, TD, and KAC is using is closer to a lime green than an OD, and doesn't work to well here in Southern Colorado...
View Quote

no prob, usmc.  however, the TD grip that i have is closer to sage green than lime. the vltor green is just a bit greener than OD, but it's still a darker green, definitely no lime in it.  the vltor tan/brown is just a shade darker than tan - closer to coyote but lighter.  i just sent you an email with an attached pic i just took of TD green, vltor green and tan.
but i hear ya about matching your AO - tan or khaki will work best in mine.  TD is still deciding which shade of brown to go with.
cheers,
MM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top