Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 11:36:16 AM EDT
Hi Y'all,

I have a model1sales 16" CAR upper with carry handle and A2 sights on my RRA lower. So far i'm really pleased with it.

My one issue with it is that it lacks a chrome lined barrel. I barely had the cash to get what I've got, so i don't regret going the route I did.

But, my plan is to eventually send it to Bushmaster and have them install a lightweight 16" barrel fully chrome lined. Questions:

-How hard would it be to get a bayonet lug installed at this point?
-How much should this cost?
-Does this definitely get me a fully chromed chamber too?
-Post AWB, would anyone want my barrel (non-chromed, crown muzzel, 16")?

Cheers
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of tough qestions but if you have a post-ban rifle don't do anything yet IMHO.  When you are confident the crime bill will die, get a CAR stock and piece of garden hose ready.

At 00:01 after the crime bill dies, replace your stock and slip a section of garden hose over your barrel leaving a little forward of the muzzle...  You now have configured your rifle with a total of three evil features...

Then find the new barrel you want and have it built at that time...  Now, another option is to just pick up a used barrel when you find a good deal and remember that you only have a problem is you build in an illegal configuration.  A 223 upper with no gas tube is a BOLT ACTION and the crime bill does not apply!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
-How hard would it be to get a bayonet lug installed at this point?
-How much should this cost?
-Does this definitely get me a fully chromed chamber too?
-Post AWB, would anyone want my barrel (non-chromed, crown muzzel, 16")?
View Quote

- just get a preban/post-postban barrel, this will be threaded and have the bayo lug.
- same as a regular postban barrel.
- Yes, all BM barrels are chromelined and chambered.
- Try posting it on the [url=ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7]EE[/url] !
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The god forsaken state I live in (NY) has a mirror image law that does not include a sunset provision.  So we are stuck with postbans forever.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The garden hose does what?

Counts as a bayonet lug??

Im lost.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Im lost.
View Quote

The garden hose would be your flash hider... it was a joke but it would legally be a flash hider and it would even work...  too much hose might be a silencer so be cautious!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im lost.
View Quote

The garden hose would be your flash hider... it was a joke but it would legally be a flash hider and it would even work...  too much hose might be a silencer so be cautious!
View Quote

Careful there Quarterbore...I don't want to have to pay $1500 for a pre-94 garden hose to water my plants in the backyard! I would have to get one of those non-collapsible post-ban hoses with holes drilled down the sides to control the recoil when I turn on the faucet.[:p]

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok. Got it. Has anyone put together a gardenhose FAQ? J/K.

THanks gents. Now if only i had originally bought a flat top! Ah well, it was AR on a budget. no regrets.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm really thinking about doing this.
Order a [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=139428]Bushmaster 1:7 16" barrel[/url] send it off to kkf, turned down, have it cut down to 14.5" and have a vortex permanently attached, and have either a forged front site, or a PRI flip added.
Now, I just need to talk myself into it, and hope that the deal with bushmaster goes through.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Ummmmm...since when does a bayonet fit on a 16" barrel?  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never has, never will.

That's ok, you look pretty silly calling for a cease fire to run down to the end of the range to stab your target anyway...
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#11]

That's ok, you look pretty silly calling for a cease fire to run down to the end of the range to stab your target anyway...[/quote]

Naahhh, Marines do it all the time.  They call it "motivational training".

ka
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Never has, never will.

That's ok, you look pretty silly calling for a cease fire to run down to the end of the range to stab your target anyway...
View Quote

There is a bayonet made for 16" barrels, it's a bit pricy. There is also a clamp on bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Naahhh, Marines do it all the time.  They call it "motivational training".

View Quote

You fly a KingAir? If so, my condolences... [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top